Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

What would you tell the eight year-old you?

46 posts in this topic

You're going to score a 1200 on the SAT in the 7th grade, with the Duke TIP program, and a 1560 as a sophomore in HS. This doesn't mean that you can smoke weed and skip 75% of your classes as a senior and subsequently lose all scholarship offers, you stupid sonofabitch.

1 person likes this

"here, grab a piece of paper and write down these super bowl scores"

Yeah don't bet on the Steelers. Aaron Rodgers > Big Ben

The world wll end 12/21/2012.

Just because you graduate high school in the top five of your class without ever opening a book does not mean you dont have to go to class in college. Also you know that super sweet awesome girl you meet when you are 21. Don't think you can keep messing around with sluts for another 2-3 years and she will still be there waiting on you. She won't, IDIOT!

Also when you are in 10th grade and taking a weight training class. Dont slack off second semester just because your teacher no longer cares, it will take you a long, long time to get that strong again and it will be much much harder.

You're going to score a 1200 on the SAT in the 7th grade, with the Duke TIP program, and a 1560 as a sophomore in HS. This doesn't mean that you can smoke weed and skip 75% of your classes as a senior and subsequently lose all scholarship offers, you stupid sonofabitch.

That's all? You wouldn't tell yourself about the packages of illegal substances delivered to your door?

Ignore women.

If one of 'em wants to come along for the ride, so be it, but do not let one interfere with your life plan.

And that would be 1980...soooo bet on US hockey to beat the USSR and eventually win the gold.

Bet everything your parents own.

That's all? You wouldn't tell yourself about the packages of illegal substances delivered to your door?

assuming that I would have followed a different path to finish HS, I wouldn't have still been moving into that house a few years ago.

I'd tell me Santa Claus is still real, dammit. Don't stop believin' and punch those assmonkeys in 3rd grade in the scrotum who try to tell you otherwise.

At 8 I'm not sure that you could remember much of this stuff.'

I would probably say to be nicer to your younger brother, he is the only one you have and will have a much tougher life than you will. Try to be there for him as much as possible over the next 20 years.