Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

205 posts in this topic

Posted

A world where there is no need for an abortion would be ideal. I think we will eventually get there with the exception of medical emergencies where the mother's life is at stake. For the time being, Bill Clinton's position is most realistic: "abortions should be safe, legal and rare." With an emphasis on rare. Greater access to birth control devices/education and the Affordable Care Act will be a big help in that regard. Hopefully abortion will become as rare as a hen's tooth as our society progresses.

You do realize US military killed close to 50,000 kids in the last 10 years world wide... I guess that was justified.

2 people like this

Posted

I bet the British considered firearms a hobby as well, before you know...

If the guns are so evil why does Briton have a 1/5 the population but double the violent crime than the US? And why has violent crime gone down by 48% since 92 meanwhile we have more than doubled the guns in this country since 92? 150 mil in 92, 350 mil now.

Facts give the gun grabbers a nasty case of the mondays...

2 people like this

Posted

King Barack will do everything in his power to limit our rights and freedoms.

I'm pretty sure they want to quell this gun buying frenzy ASAP and the only way to do it is by Decree.

2 people like this

Posted

ah yes thats another thing I've discovered, if you use the term "gun grabber" you have detached yourself from reality.

There are reasons violent crime has decreased overall, more guns is not really one of them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/21/america-serious-crime-rate-plunging

Anti-gun activists note that the cities with two of the sharpest falls in murder rates, New York and Washington, have enacted strict gun control laws by US standards. Yet Houston in Texas, where some regard it as criminal not to own a gun, has also seen a sharp drop in homicides

Posted

you'll love this theory microscopic sized fetus grabbers

Steven Levitt, co-author of the bestselling book Freakonomics, has argued that the 1973 supreme court ruling legalising abortion reduced the number of criminals by reducing the number of unwanted babies born to single mothers who would raise youths prone to crime.

Posted

personally I am actually starting to come around to the idea that the dramatic reduction in lead content, especially in our cities, has had a positive effect on crime. There are a lot of things going for it, unfortunately, really fantastic proof is not one of them, but the correlation between lead in the environment, especially cities, and the drop in violent crime do follow similar paths.

Posted

As long as people can afford food and basic things, nothing will happen.

Exactly. Americans rising up over a few more gun laws, even if it were to include a buyback of assault weapons (unlikely), is highly improbable. If Americans did not overthrow the federal government back in the 1930s, during the worst economic crisis in our history, when our population was predominantly rural, with many farmers being well versed in the use of firearms and our standing army being relatively small and unsophisticated, they are much less likely to today. How many Americans even own assault rifles? I really don't see too many people turning off their x-boxes and getting off the couch long enough to go out and risk their lives and their families safety for "that crazy neighbor we hardly know", who doesn't want to give up one or two AR-15s out of his extensive arsenal to the local authorities.

Posted

Are you really comparing murdering babies with law abiding firearm owners decreasing crime?

Whoever raised you did a terrible job...

2 people like this

Posted

^ in today's society it is more of a lack of whoever was supposed to raise them.

Morality honor respect real patriotism and exercising your second ammendment rights is for the "uneducated Christian conservatives"

The liberals will always stand by as there rights are stripped one at a time.

1 person likes this

Posted

The liberals will always stand by as there rights are stripped one at a time.

they didn't in the civil war when they had to kick conservatives' asses for stripping human rights.

3 people like this

Posted

they didn't in the civil war when they had to kick conservatives' asses for stripping human rights.

says the man living in Bama.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe I will believe you liberals care about children when you ban abortion...

F#ck all those dead babies though, you just care about the 20 that you think will help disarm America.

Are you really comparing murdering babies with law abiding firearm owners decreasing crime?

Whoever raised you did a terrible job...

No, but apparently you were. I was just responding to your comment. In any event, law abiding firearm owners aren't the issue and never have been. It is about reducing the unfettered access to firearms by individuals that should not have them. Nice ad hominem though.