#151 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,704 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, a guy with a career resume of being wildly inconstant will go to the Superbowl with Brandon "Robin" Weeden. Robin is the least impressive superhero there is

what will be interesting is seeing how his skills as a leader transcend his offensive schemes (if they do at all.) if he is legit HC material and lets norv build the schemes, we may see a new side of him previously invisible simply because of the differences in positions

#152 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

It seems Chud is abandoning Rivera's titanic.....good for him.

#153 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

The defense was streaky, but still showed signs of greatness in games. After they gelled, they played great and were consistent. However on offense, you could always tell it was Chud holding the team back with that stupid read option crap. And when we needed good play calling in critical moments of the game, he would fail most of the time even after giving up read option as a base. That had been a weakness of his from day 1. Beating crappy teams doesn't make him a good OC.

I don't think the option held them back....just Chud being Chud did.

1st and goal? hey guys, lets call 3 pass plays. Chud was horrible to start 2011 and 2012. Everyone forgot Chud sucked to start 2011. hey guys, we need a yard and have Cam Newton....lets pass. read option worked great using 12 personnel so let's not do that and use 3 WR sets

#154 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

LOL all these people saying Shula for OC sound just like the Beane will be our GM crowd.

We know how that worked out..

I disagree. Beane wasn't qualified for the GM job. Zero experience in that role. He was never a logical choice for anything other than keeping the seat warm.

Shula is a hot candidate for another shot with an offense. He has the resume for it to make sense.

#155 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

I don't think I like this.

#156 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

I just want someone who actually uses heavy run sets and does not line up with 8 pedestrian WR's all running verts.

#157 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Rivera must be feeling all sorts of wtf right now

Ron: "ok Chud, we've got to really step it up now and focus this year. Got it all in place, just have to execute"

Chud: "orrrrrr not!"

#158 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

what will be interesting is seeing how his skills as a leader transcend his offensive schemes (if they do at all.) if he is legit HC material and lets norv build the schemes, we may see a new side of him previously invisible simply because of the differences in positions

People are connecting the dots to Norv bc they don't know Chud IMO....

I bet he calls the plays in Clev this year

#159 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

I don't think the option held them back....just Chud being Chud did.

1st and goal? hey guys, lets call 3 pass plays. Chud was horrible to start 2011 and 2012. Everyone forgot Chud sucked to start 2011. hey guys, we need a yard and have Cam Newton....lets pass. read option worked great using 12 personnel so let's not do that and use 3 WR sets

Exactly. He would always abandon what was working and call stupid ass long bombs when we need a yard.

#160 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,180 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yea, I don't think I like this one bit. It might be best to promote Shula, or atleast go after Ken W.

#161 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

You think they'd promote McDermott over Norv if Rivera got canned mid-season? Also, cool name-calling brah.

If Rivera get's canned mid season, then the season is a lost cause at that point anyway so it doesnt matter who the head coach is.

The fact that you are afraid of Norv because Rivera could get fired mid season with the Panthers still in the Playoff hunt.

again just wow, it takes a special kinda stupid, no coach gets fired mid season while the team is still in the playoff hunt. it has never happened.

And if you don't like the name calling? prove yourself more worthy of a effort from me besides name calling. Believe it or not I'm quite capable of it calling you a moron in a much more creative and subtle way then that, but considering your posts so far I'm pretty sure if I did you would be incapable of understanding the meaning behind what was said.

I might get a ban for that oh well.i

#162 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Rivera had to know this was a possibility. He went through it last offseason too. If a contingency plan hadn't been created by now, they would have to be daft. I'm sure that there has been a behind doors agreement regarding if Rivera would like to promote from within since Chud was hot to Jacksonville. We'll soon find out.

#163 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Just wipe out the entire damn offensive staff.

#164 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

He's going to let Jauron go and move to a 3-4 defense according to twitter report.

https://twitter.com/...tw_p=tweetembed

could he be bringing Rob Ryan with him?

#165 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,921 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Has Chud ever even been on the Panthers' sideline? It'll be interesting to see how he handles HC duties, and being an extroverted personality.

I on't think Chud has ever been on the sidelines in his life. I bet he'll the the head coach from the box. That would be hilarious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.