• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#196 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

.... I do think it is better we get an OC who lets Cam be a true pocket passer first and stop the gimmick.

I agree. I have always thought the Panthers offense was better when Cam was under center. I dont mind the shotgun, but when our base running game was from that it sucked. Let Cam develop into an overall QB that can throw, and run, ala Rodgers, Rothlesburger, etc. (I know its spelt wrong).

#197 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Thank you Cleveland!

Norv, come on down!

#198 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I can't believe it. The Panthers actually making good decisions and the awful coach leaving. Is this Bizarro world?

#199 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Lotta people are now expecting Norv--Guess who Chud wants as his OC?

Seriously doubt Chud will turn over playcalling to someone else.

#200 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Per a fly on the wall in the Cleveland Browns offices... Interviewer: Can you explain to us what happened to the offense in Carolina during the first half of this season? Chud: Well, see, um, there's this guy named Marty Hurney, see, um... Interviewer: Say no more! We completely understand, you're hired!

#201 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

There's not enough dark rum in the free world to make that look good.

#202 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

LOL at the morons who felt Chud was a terrible coach. Dude just became an NFL HC, again validating why none of you are allowed any where near an NFL front office.

Wish the dude the best of luck. He deserves the opportunity.

#203 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

The chud hate on this forum is crazy. Chud was the best oc we ever had. That guy was right about most huddlers not being to bright.

Jake Delhomme was the best QB we ever had at one point in time...

#204 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,660 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

LOL at the morons who felt Chud was a terrible coach. Dude just became an NFL HC, again validating why none of you are allowed any where near an NFL front office.

Wish the dude the best of luck. He deserves the opportunity.

LOL at the morons who think Cleveland is a well run organization

#205 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I agree. I have always thought the Panthers offense was better when Cam was under center. I dont mind the shotgun, but when our base running game was from that it sucked. Let Cam develop into an overall QB that can throw, and run, ala Rodgers, Rothlesburger, etc. (I know its spelt wrong).

Rapistburger would have suffice.

#206 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts
  • Location910

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

That makes no sense, didn't they just fire him a few years back......ehhhhhh whatever, bring on Norv.

#207 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

I think the new Gettleman hire is making some of you crazy. NFL head coach is the ultimate goal of any football coach or coordinator out there. Chud is from Ohio, has close ties and history with the Browns organization, and was offered to be an NFL HC. That's why he is gone. I don't think G man had anything to do with it. I also think G will let Rivera bring in who he chooses as the new coordinator, because if he likes him he gets a free year of familiarity, and if not, he drops him when Rivera goes. I hope Rivera brings in someone with a similar offensive philosophy (minus the base read option), and uses tight ends like Chud did in 2011 and end of 2012. Maintain some continuity for Cam.

But in all reality, RR is on borrowed time so we all better get used to Cam needing to learn an entirely new system sooner rather than later.

#208 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

If we hadn't hired Gettleman within the past couple of days, I would be worried right now. But he's here, and I'm not. Let the man do his job before you all scream that the Hindenberg is going down.

If we do manage to snag Norv, which I highly doubt, and Rivera is fired next year, it would make sense that one of the two, the OC or DC takes over for the rest of the year. If it's an end-of-year firing, guess who will be the next HC??

Yeah, whomever Gettleman friggin decides to hire. It's not an auto-promote for anyone, regardless. Have some faith, we're moving in the right direction. Wish Chud the best elsewhere, but he's gone, and that's that. Let's see how our FO reacts before we all jump ship.

#209 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

If anybody wants to check it out for the lol'z Chud is being announced as the HC at 11:00 am

#210 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com