Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happens to Cam Newton now that Chud is gone?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Can't believe you guys really think we're going to change offenses.

Posted

Wins 3 SuperBowls in a row.

Posted

With choad gone, what does that mean for Cam Newton?

51Q872X5E4L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Posted

build plays that fit his skill set, but don't abuse them. Cam isn't a dink and dunk passer, although he could eventually be. Heavy running plays, mixed with play action vertical pass attacks (hopefully our o-line will be much improved after the draft.) Some read option SPRINKLED in.

Posted

Junior Slump?

Posted

Ask me when I know who the new OC is.

1 person likes this

Posted

If the Jags had just done this last year we might be in the playoffs right now. Maybe we find an up and comer like Chud was when we got him. Rivera will make a good hire. He's always said he wants a vertical offense so I doubt he changes that. There is a much better chance that Deangelo will restructure now that Chud is gone haha. Surely we can find an OC that likes to throw the ball deep AND run the ball. That doesn't seem like too much to ask I know it's a different system but I like Cam and our RB's in a version of the Redskins or Texans Offense(minus Matt "noodle arm"Schaub. Zone Blocking Dominant Run Scheme, Bootlegs and rollouts, move the pocket and playaction deep. Cam was great when under center this year, I don't think he needs a cute offense to thrive. What do the Giants run? Maybe Gettleman will recommend one of their staff.

Posted

Ask me when I know who the new OC is.

Exactly.

Posted

Cam's ability to adapt is the least of my worries. We just need to be sure we get a competent OC. The rest will take care of itself.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always felt the best scheme for Cam is one like Ben Roethlisberger ran in Pittsburgh early in his career. Hopefully we bring that scheme in. Ben's O.C. at the time? None other than Ken Whizenhunt.

Posted

Cam's ability to adapt is the least of my worries. We just need to be sure we get a competent OC. The rest will take care of itself.

we need more than competent. we've got to play in the NFC and against atlanta and new orleans twice a year. we've got to score early and often. competent won't dominate.

Posted

If anything, Cam needs to dink and dunk MORE, not less.