Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A quick Look back at Chud

49 posts in this topic

Posted

So implementing what was basically a college offence this past season wasn't a big part of why we missed the play-offs?

Chud was a big reason why we finished with a losing record this season.

NO

Losing 5 4th quarter leads and 6 2nd half leads is the PROBLEM!!!

Clock management, poor defense adjustments in the 4th and Rivera's inexperience at closing out games is the reason we missed the playoffs.

DAMN THIS PLACE IS DENSE!!!!

Posted

i'm not about to stand up for the guy by any means.

i also don't buy the notion that he did "more with less" because i'd kill for a smith-in his prime moose-proehl WR corps right now myself.

I am not disagreeing about the WRs, but you can't discount our RB corps. We have three pass-catching, potential stud RBs along with Smitty (who is STILL a stud), not to mention a stud TE and a supporting cast of WRs (that can probably fill in the gaps quite nicely).

Posted

I am not disagreeing about the WRs, but you can't discount our RB corps. We have three pass-catching, potential stud RBs along with Smitty (who is STILL a stud), not to mention a stud TE and a supporting cast of WRs (that can probably fill in the gaps quite nicely).

I would take Foster and Davis duo over DW and Stewart everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

Posted

NO

Clock management, poor defense adjustments in the 4th and Rivera's inexperience at closing out games is the reason we missed the playoffs.

You are adding to the denseness with some kind of obvious affinity to use the word "dense". It's all just a matter of opinion and analysis. Your opinion is not validated by your use of the word "dense".

Posted

I would take Foster and Davis duo over DW and Stewart everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

Good for you. I bet you'd be in the minority.

You'd probably take Delhomme over Cam too.

Posted

NO

I said Chud was a big reason, not the only reason. If the offence had been able to execute better in the first half of the season we would have made the playoffs.

Once we got rid of Chud's ridiculous college play calling the team picked up. Surely you were as frustrated as everyone else when you saw the offence run yet another option play that was stopped for a loss. A poor offensive gameplan for the first half of the season if the main reason we had a losing record.

Posted

Why?

Posted

I said Chud was a big reason, not the only reason. If the offence had been able to execute better in the first half of the season we would have made the playoffs.

Once we got rid of Chud's ridiculous college play calling the team picked up. Surely you were as frustrated as everyone else when you saw the offence run yet another option play that was stopped for a loss. A poor offensive gameplan for the first half of the season if the main reason we had a losing record.

I disagree.

We were winning 6 of those games going into the 4th quarter. The offense did their job. The other factors I mentioned are why we lost those leads.

Posted

are you just fugging with me?

no really he made DA a pro bowler, did you not know this? So yeah keep believing its all Cam.

I'm not saying Cam had nothing to do with it but Chud schemed to offense to Cams strengths and did an excellent job of doing that

2 people like this

Posted

Why?

Eh....I'll retract the statement a little.

I would take vintage Stephen Davis over all 3 RBs.

Posted

no really he made DA a pro bowler, did you not know this? So yeah keep believing its all Cam.

I'm not saying Cam had nothing to do with it but Chud schemed to offense to Cams strengths and did an excellent job of doing that

Yep.

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree.

We were winning 6 of those games going into the 4th quarter. The offense did their job. The other factors I mentioned are why we lost those leads.

I agree that the other factors played their part, but had the offence been more efficient the other factors wouldn't have been has pivotal. You could also argue that the defence, not the offence, did their job and that was why we were in the lead going into the fourth.