58 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

You'd probably like Bratkowski then.

He incorporated spread elements when he was running the Bengals offense.

maybe.

I'm just in a state of shock. wasnt expecting it. kind of surprised at my reaction tbh. i guess part of it has to do with us losing out on norv as well, even tho I'm not sold on him completely.

key to me is the OC incorporating cam's running skills and i think that norv is too old school for that.

#17 NorthTryon

NorthTryon

Pay The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

If Norv is not available, I'd like to see Al Saunders pried away from the Raiders. That Chiefs offense he had with Priest Holmes, Trent Green and Tony Gonzalez was phenomenal.

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

I think Rivera goes with the guy tht gives him the best chance to still be employed this time next year.

And cross off Turner, fiery prophet posted in the not confirmed thread that it has now been confirmed he's going to Cleveland.

I'd still prefer confirmation from Mary Kay Cabot on that.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

i would just get used to the idea that norv isnt coming here.

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

i would just get used to the idea that norv isnt coming here.

I'm not expecting it, but I prefer hearing from names I know.

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

If I had ten solid hours to google these connections, I still wouldn't know half of what mr scot knows.

[ img ] funny meme [ / img ]

/exits

:lol:

It's not like this is all off the top of my head. Granted some of it is, but I do research too.

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

If Norv is not available, I'd like to see Al Saunders pried away from the Raiders. That Chiefs offense he had with Priest Holmes, Trent Green and Tony Gonzalez was phenomenal.

I agree.

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

I would enjoy seeing what Al Saunders could do with the pieces we have in place.

Have a feeling Rivera's more likely to call John Ramsdell though (which I'd be fine with).

#24 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Of the people most likely available, I like Whisenhunt and Saunders the best.

We would have candidates lining up in droves to take this job if it wasn't for the uncertainty with Rivera going forward. That could very well keep good candidates from coming here. Gettleman is going to have to do a good sales job to help out Rivera.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

FYI: Kevin Acee of the San Diego Tribune said on his Twitter that he does expect Norv Turner to join Chudzinski, but that Norv is actually vacationing in Hawaii right now.

#26 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Watch this:

Norv Turner is confirmed as going to the Carolina Panthers to be their new masot.

There ya have it, breaking news!

Saying something is confirmed doesn't mean anything if you're not someone with the authority to do so. Some radio guy in Cleveland probably has a little better idea than I do, but he could just as easily be running with the idea and hoping it pans out. I'll wait til someone in the Browns organization "confirms" it before I give up hope on Norv.

#27 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,609 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

And on the actual topic, I'd probably prefer Saunders of the other candidates, but I don't think we have to be limited to only people who run a strict Coryell or have some connection with Rivera. Hopefully they go out and get the best OC they can that doesn't run a system that Cam can't thrive in. I don't think Cam is limited to a Coryell. I think Whisenhunt would be my #1 choice.

#28 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I believe we were running the Coryell Option by rid more than the spread since we rarely did the hurry up. I want to go back to smash mouth offense to tire out the defense mixed with a wco once we have a mo Ile qb and running backs that can catch the ball in space. Shula might be the best man for the job.

#29 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

I think it would serve Rivera well to get an ex head coach, but I share Scots feeling that it will be Ramsdell.

#30 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,298 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

I like all of those candidates. Im just happy we have a competent GM to pick the right guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com