Ya, if Shula is promoted to OC, that will ruin my friday

#77 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

It hasn't been confirmed at all, just people saying they confirm that Norv is "expected" to be the OC.

#78 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

You don't see the problem with promoting a guy who has been a total failure at the position you're promoting him to?

I get wanting to be safe, but Shula is not safe. There are better options for a safe offense.

Yea he was a total failure 15 years ago. You don't think he's learned anything by now? I'm sure he's aware of why he got fired. If they guy was completely inept he wouldn't be in the NFL this long.

#79 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yea he was a total failure 15 years ago. You don't think he's learned anything by now? I'm sure he's aware of why he got fired. If they guy was completely inept he wouldn't be in the NFL this long.

So you'd rather promote a guy with a history of failure on the chance that he "may not be completely inept" over finding a guy like John Ramsdell who actually has experience with running a coryell and is a promising up and comer?

#80 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

So you'd rather promote a guy with a history of failure on the chance that he "may not be completely inept" over finding a guy like John Ramsdell who actually has experience with running a coryell and is a promising up and comer?

No all I'm saying is if Shula is moved up we shouldn't act like its the end of the world. If Shula is moved up solely based on the fact he's "next in line", then yes there is concern. If a good amount of candidates are looked over and we still go with Shula then I'm fine with that.

Shula has had success coaching quarterbacks recently and if the only knock on him was excessively conservative playcalling then I'm not overly concerned - it's really not that difficult of a flaw to change, and he learned from the best at doing the opposite of conservative playcalling (CHUD). As an OC he never had the talent of a guy like Cam, and he's also the only guy who actually works directly with Cam. He's the guy who talks to Cam after every drive, I'm sure he's gotten an idea of what Cam likes, what he hates and where his comforts lie.

edit: Also many coaches have failed at one point and went on to be incredibly successful. People learn, people adapt and they prosper.

#81 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

If Shula is promoted to OC, what would you think about Chris Weinke as QB coach. He worked with Cam both offseasons and
is a former Panther. That way he could work with Cam during and after the season. Thoughts !

#82 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

If Shula is promoted to OC, what would you think about Chris Weinke as QB coach. He worked with Cam both offseasons and
is a former Panther. That way he could work with Cam during and after the season. Thoughts !

I'm not sure if the Wankster would want to leave what he has now to be a QB Coach for the Panthers for 1 year maybe longer.

#83 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,139 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I'll be fine with Shula

#84 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Zod is a beautiful troll. So subtle. Employs a perfect blend of fact and fiction to play on peoples fears. Only responds to posts as necessary to keep the embers smoldering, keeping it alive without bursting into flames. I have much to learn.

What was that again?

#85 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,082 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

All hail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.