• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#31 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

im not saying to conform or water down what you believe. just expect lots of treadmill talks.

Oh I fully understand and expect as much.

Regardless of the subject matter how exactly where these people wronged?

What if some one stopped you in the supermarket and told you something in your cart was very bad for you? Would you be wronged? Maybe its none of their business you say... but maybe you won't admit that you need help and you need to stop eating those twinkies. Maybe their word would stop and make you think yeah I should put this back.. Unfortunatly most people let their pride take over and puff out their chest and well you know the rest.

Would you feel the same way if you were outta gas and someone stopped to help you?

The person who is over weight and cramming twinkies needs help and people can see it.

The person who needs gas needs help and people can see it.

So if I tell someone they should stop eating twinkies thats bad

but

If I help somone who needs gas thats good WHAT?

All I am saying is that to a christian he was only trying to help.

He didn't jump up on the table in his restaurant and start denouncing these women. He did it as privately as he could given the situation.

I wouldn't tell the overwieght fellow loud enough for all to hear HEY FATTTY YOUR BUTT NEEDS TO TOP EATING THOSE TWINKIES!

lol you guys you get me riled up in the best kind of way. Its like my own personal revival!

#32 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

i agree with cwg on this type thing. live and let live. but to do that, you have to be able to, here it is, tolerate, the other person, no matter how polar opposite of your views they may have.
thats my point.

so instead of either camp getting self righteous, take the high road and be able to navigate beyond the fray and befriend that person who is totally not like you. find some common ground. throwing up your hands or sending them some insane letter, after they paid mind you, is both equally foolish.

pstall have you ever studied psychology? have you ever known someone who is a psychologist? specializes in adult behavior? have they had clients or couples or w/e that are like the people you describe?

it's obvious you don't. otherwise you wouldn't keep perpetuating this myth of beer summits actually doing a goddamn thing in 99% of these cases. ffs just stop posting.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

and yet having an inordinate amount of posting about something changes it? perhaps you should seek some counseling.

#34 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

you beat me by about ten thousand or so homie

#35 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

and why the defeatist attitude? wheres your guts, your optimism your idealism?

if you think nobody can be met halfway about anything, why bother posting? why have threads asking about if somebody has ever changed via a message board?

the greatest impact always happens offline.

#36 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

why do you always beat this drum about getting off the computer and talk face to face when you have 13k posts on this messageboard?

#37 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

is that over a 3 month period? do i post 24 hrs a day? ever hear of multi tasking? i can talk on the phone as i post man, its really not that hard.

im uber productive in what i do.i know how to get things done.

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

its time to drop this in right here

#39 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

pstall have you ever studied psychology? have you ever known someone who is a psychologist? specializes in adult behavior? have they had clients or couples or w/e that are like the people you describe?

it's obvious you don't. otherwise you wouldn't keep perpetuating this myth of beer summits actually doing a goddamn thing in 99% of these cases. ffs just stop posting.

#40 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

i have friends who are psychologists who have published books. not guys who write a blog or post on boards. they actually have gone to New York and spoke face to face with someone who took their ideas and made into a book.

what's interesting is the fear of sitting down with someone. the reason is maybe some are clinging to their misconceptions or biases and its so comfy, like a snuggy, that to come out of your comfort zone is debilitating.

#41 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure there is place for jews and nazis on this Earth at the same time. er..

#42 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

yes. lets keep playing the tetris confirmation bias game.

and i thought honey boo boo fans were shallow. boy was i wrong.

#43 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

i can't speak for mr. zula but i have in fact "sat down and talked" with tons of conservatives; it happens when you grow up in a rural southern town. i'm actually sensing some projection from you, as well as the same old concern trolling "BOTH SIDES ARE BAD" (in this case, self righteous) bullshit used to attempt to discredit the "other side" when "your side" is out sending letters to gay people to let them know that they're an abomination

#44 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

who seriously falls for concern trolling in this day and age?

#45 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,810 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

saying your side is also projecting.

let me give you the cliff notes real quick to save you time from puffing your chest on your "insights".

cwg starts thread. guy wrote a letter and was called out on it. tbt comes out here and shares what he believes. he then gets thrased and someone says something about him being an inbred. which, is a very intellectual thing to say.

so i try to save tbt some time and energy by saying that when it comes to this topic, if he gives any inkling of disagreeing with it, he is going to be labeled a bigot and to be ready for that. i didnt say he was right or wrong.

then the self rightesous police come out because since the other guy is not agreeing with them on being gay, he is a bigot and they are the far superior part of the human race.
so i go well, not wanting to spend anytime with a person you deem a bigot doesn't seem very productive. in fact, to me, looks about as productive as the guy writing the letter.

then they didn't like that and of course you don't like it and are trying to find your own personal loophole and diminish what i said by hiding behind the two sides are bad thingy.

so if you guys think there is zero shot at being able to have a conversation with someone who is different than you, then why bother posting? what is it you are really trying to accomplish? if its not to move the ball down the field on a particular topic than perhaps its you guys who are projecting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.