Photo
- - - - -

Good to see the art of letter writing is not lost in New Bern

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#25 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

tb. here's the deal. if you say anything to the contrary of someone being gay, it means automatically you are going to be called a bigot.
you can disagree with it on whatever level you want. biblically or physiologically, financially whatev. you will be labled a bigot.

one group talks a big game about inclusion or diversity or tolerance but oh good God don't disagree with them.

i avoid talking bible in the tinderbox because it is without a doubt the most fruitless thing you can do. not worth bandwidth or effort.

as the fellas say in the RUSH song Subdivision - "conform or be cast out". well, thats what happens here.

Does being anti-intolerant mean you're anti-tolerant because you speak out against intolerance? No. I don't think so.

By your definition, we're not tolerant because we don't want bigots around us.

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

First of all he waited for them to get outside. He didn't tear( or do any thing to antagonize) them down in front of others in the restaurant. He simply asked them if they attended church and handed them a note. CALL THE COPS dude asked me a simple non-offensive question and handed me a note I'VE BEEN SOOO WRONGED!!!

Well if my belief is right... why wouldn't I want people to know!?!?

So lets just pretend on for your sake u keep a open mind... Lets say I'm right and your wrong.
You'd rather go down in flames in your house than me come and wake you up?

The problem with this is you think I'm wrong because you do not believe in it... So how do I get you believe? Hope you just one day do it? Don't think it works that way. You have to see it, hear it, and live it to understand. Its hard to convince people who are caught up in the affairs of the world. The ways of the world are seductive and even the most hard core christians sin(all sin) and fall prey to it. Thats rule #1 no one is better than anyone else. Non christians first thought Oh, you think your better than me? No. I'm just having a hard time seeing how someone was wronged?

I feel like you read this story saying who does this guy think he is? You think he is pushing or over stepping or thinking he is better GET THIS he is SHARING simply SHARING. You do not have to take it. Maybe he hurt their pride. Everyone gets thier pride hurt no one can protect you from that. Maybe they really felt shame and it angers them. I know there are plenty of things I'm ashamed of and if they are brought up I get defensive and angry. Thats human nature... anyways I'll keep sharing because its right to share.

Screw you. Those lesbians didn't bother coming back to SHARE the fact that they are happy without all their opinions, What they do and how they live is NONE of their business, and the fact that you think that you, as well as these tards, have a mission to tell them how wrong they are is the issue, not the fact that two total strangers held hands and these assholes felt the need to try and "correct them" about it. THATS the problem.

LIVE AND LET LIVE. They are not hurting you yet you feel some need to try and convince them they are "wrong" and you are "right"? As some kind of public service? This is the problem with religion - the "war on religion" has NOTHING to do with personal beliefs and EVERYTHING to do with people like you thinking they know whats best for other people, and the delusional opinion that it's your job in life to let people know this. Grow the hell up.

#27 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

and if some guy doesn't want someone gay around them makes you equal to not wanting to be around a bigot.

seems like a brillant way to help the conversation of getting along.

#28 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

and if some guy doesn't want someone gay around them makes you equal to not wanting to be around a bigot.

seems like a brillant way to help the conversation of getting along.

LMAO. I've had my laugh for today

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

You are right. If someone does not someone around them because they are gay, and not because they are assholes or something, that's the very definition of a bigot.

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

i agree with cwg on this type thing. live and let live. but to do that, you have to be able to, here it is, tolerate, the other person, no matter how polar opposite of your views they may have.
thats my point.

so instead of either camp getting self righteous, take the high road and be able to navigate beyond the fray and befriend that person who is totally not like you. find some common ground. throwing up your hands or sending them some insane letter, after they paid mind you, is both equally foolish.

#31 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

im not saying to conform or water down what you believe. just expect lots of treadmill talks.

Oh I fully understand and expect as much.

Regardless of the subject matter how exactly where these people wronged?

What if some one stopped you in the supermarket and told you something in your cart was very bad for you? Would you be wronged? Maybe its none of their business you say... but maybe you won't admit that you need help and you need to stop eating those twinkies. Maybe their word would stop and make you think yeah I should put this back.. Unfortunatly most people let their pride take over and puff out their chest and well you know the rest.

Would you feel the same way if you were outta gas and someone stopped to help you?

The person who is over weight and cramming twinkies needs help and people can see it.

The person who needs gas needs help and people can see it.

So if I tell someone they should stop eating twinkies thats bad

but

If I help somone who needs gas thats good WHAT?

All I am saying is that to a christian he was only trying to help.

He didn't jump up on the table in his restaurant and start denouncing these women. He did it as privately as he could given the situation.

I wouldn't tell the overwieght fellow loud enough for all to hear HEY FATTTY YOUR BUTT NEEDS TO TOP EATING THOSE TWINKIES!

lol you guys you get me riled up in the best kind of way. Its like my own personal revival!

#32 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

i agree with cwg on this type thing. live and let live. but to do that, you have to be able to, here it is, tolerate, the other person, no matter how polar opposite of your views they may have.
thats my point.

so instead of either camp getting self righteous, take the high road and be able to navigate beyond the fray and befriend that person who is totally not like you. find some common ground. throwing up your hands or sending them some insane letter, after they paid mind you, is both equally foolish.

pstall have you ever studied psychology? have you ever known someone who is a psychologist? specializes in adult behavior? have they had clients or couples or w/e that are like the people you describe?

it's obvious you don't. otherwise you wouldn't keep perpetuating this myth of beer summits actually doing a goddamn thing in 99% of these cases. ffs just stop posting.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

and yet having an inordinate amount of posting about something changes it? perhaps you should seek some counseling.

#34 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

you beat me by about ten thousand or so homie

#35 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

and why the defeatist attitude? wheres your guts, your optimism your idealism?

if you think nobody can be met halfway about anything, why bother posting? why have threads asking about if somebody has ever changed via a message board?

the greatest impact always happens offline.

#36 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

why do you always beat this drum about getting off the computer and talk face to face when you have 13k posts on this messageboard?