#16 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

On the flipside, here are Pat Yasinskas' thoughts on Gettleman from a chat earlier today...

From Gettleman's bio, reposted in the Observer (link)

:blink:

Pat is a fuging moron. The current GM for the giants in his interview on the Mac Attack talked about Gettleman and his incredibly positive record on evaluating talent for their drafts.

It's even been reported that he was sent to scout high value players that they were eyeballing for the draft because his opinion was so valued.

PatY can suck it.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I read that, and I was like "Seriously?"

Is it really that much effort to just read the guy's bio?

Heck, I'd bet a good number of fans on here have read it and we're not even getting paid to talk about the Panthers.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

On the flipside, here are Pat Yasinskas' thoughts on Gettleman from a chat earlier today...

From Gettleman's bio, reposted in the Observer (link)

:blink:

yeah, that's just another case of yas talking out of his ass.

i guarantee you he has no idea what blesto is.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

yeah, that's just another case of yas talking out of his ass.

i guarantee you he has no idea what blesto is.

I thought about starting a whole separate thread for that. Maybe I should have since this thread was meant to talk about Accorsi's thoughts from the team site article.

If someone else wants to, I won't mind.

#20 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

But you said there was nothing wrong with our culture and your giddy was through the roof just a few weeks ago.

Do you have a point, or are you just being your usual snarky self?

With the improvement of this team under Rivera, and the firing of Hurndog, I was happy with our culture. Now with the hiring of an actual Qualified GM, I am giddy over our future. To bad you, and many others cannot appreciate these facts.

My giddy is soaring at the moment. JR went back to his roots and got a football guy to run his Org. Can't see why more people aren't excited over the possibilities. Too many still afraid of the past I guess.

I don't see how you can remember how I felt two weeks ago and still can't get my catchphrase right?

And GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Seems like striking out on high priced free agents is the difference between a winning organization and a losing one. We are now in cap hell, and unfortunately it's in small part because we've lost on some free agents.

And by free agents I'm talking about some of our guys that were set to be free agents and were resigned, not necessarily outside free agents.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I thought about starting a whole separate thread for that. Maybe I should have since this thread was meant to talk about Accorsi's thoughts from the team site article.

If someone else wants to, I won't mind.

not sure how necessary it is.

just send them here and be done with it: http://www.draftdadd...ures/blesto.htm

simply put it's one of a couple collection of teams that are responsible for ranking college players heading into the draft. they narrow the thousands of draft eligible people down to just a couple hundred or so to help their team and others focus on the best prospects.

teams work together simply because it's more cost effective to do this. they share resources and money to get the job done. blesto is one of two primary groups doing this. the other is called national (which is what the panthers are in). national is the bigger of the two and it seems in the past few years some teams have jumped from blesto to national. there are a few teams that are independent.

both groups help put together the combine which is where they get the closest look at players, but they are also responsible for selecting who goes. blesto and national scouts pretty much scout all year and look at not only seniors, but underclassmen as well and keep a running evaluation on them. both groups vote who gets to go to the combine.

i guess that kind of sums it up a bit.

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

not sure how necessary it is.

just send them here and be done with it: http://www.draftdadd...ures/blesto.htm

simply put it's one of a couple collection of teams that are responsible for ranking college players heading into the draft. they narrow the thousands of draft eligible people down to just a couple hundred or so to help their team and others focus on the best prospects.

teams work together simply because it's more cost effective to do this. they share resources and money to get the job done. blesto is one of two primary groups doing this. the other is called national (which is what the panthers are in). national is the bigger of the two and it seems in the past few years some teams have jumped from blesto to national. there are a few teams that are independent.

both groups help put together the combine which is where they get the closest look at players, but they are also responsible for selecting who goes. blesto and national scouts pretty much scout all year and look at not only seniors, but underclassmen as well and keep a running evaluation on them. both groups vote who gets to go to the combine.

i guess that kind of sums it up a bit.

Oops. I meant starting a separate thread for the comments by Yasinskas (wasn't doing it myself since I was headed to the shower and now am heading out for a few).

#24 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Well he was a pro scout and most of his evaluations come from impending free agents and players already in the NFL.

#25 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

What a joke. Well this is the guy who insisted it would be Beane for the job. I sense some bitterness.

I'm convinced that JR/Morrison punked these writers with the Beane leak. And it's not the first time someone in the org has dropped hints, watched writers run with it, and then done something completely different. So guys like Yas probably don't have warm and fuzzy feelings toward the Panther brass.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Oops. I meant starting a separate thread for the comments by Yasinskas (wasn't doing it myself since I was headed to the shower and now am heading out for a few).

lol well there was 5 minutes of my life wasted.

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'm convinced that JR/Morrison punked these writers with the Beane leak. And it's not the first time someone in the org has dropped hints, watched writers run with it, and then done something completely different. So guys like Yas probably don't have warm and fuzzy feelings toward the Panther brass.

Well if that is true then I commend them on their trolling techniques.

Yasinkas has been acting like a hormonal woman for awhile now though so who knows.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

fantastic. i'm getting more and more excited about this selection. i really can't wait to see what gettleman starts doing with the roster.

#29 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,171 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

-franchise quarterback in place
-blue chip GM hired

it's inevitable that we're going to get this thing right at some point

#30 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

-franchise quarterback in place
-blue chip GM hired

it's inevitable that we're going to get this thing right at some point

Don't forget about that All Pro rookie we have on the defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com