38 replies to this topic

#1 jnewton

jnewton

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm new on here but I'm not new with the Panthers...I haven't quite figured this one out yet, but why exactly has Cam received SO much hate over the last 2 years. I know his attitude could be better but seriously?? He's had one of the best starts EVER of an NFL QB, but ESPN jerk offs like to do nothing but waste time talking about how he'll never make it in the NFL. I don't understand it, but I guess that's life

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,241 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Oh god..

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Who knows, maybe Cam's swagger makes people insecure.

#4 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,921 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

ESPN is a no swag zone.

#5 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,150 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I was going to say something clever but settled for this.

They are just dickholes who have egg on their face and can't accept they are wrong

#6 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Why am I only hearing about this hate stuff now??? Are we talking about the same Cam Newton?

#7 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

OFFSEASON!

#8 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,241 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Look man fan to fan, your first mistake was listening to anything ESPN has to say about this team. There will likely always be this distaste for our QB in the media, people hate being so laughably wrong about an athlete.

#9 jnewton

jnewton

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Look man fan to fan, your first mistake was listening to anything ESPN has to say about this team. There will likely always be this distaste for our QB in the media, people hate being so laughably wrong about an athlete.

true. Some of its laughable

#10 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

OP is Cam

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,291 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

think about what they said about him before the draft...and then he put up stats that were the BEST ever in the first two years. Thats why they hate him, they will always hate him until he wins rings. Then they will just hate him less.

#12 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Cam is a great talent, but his attitude is a significant issue. Imagine you were office manager and every time something went wrong, you pouted, went into your office and threw a towl over your head. What would the office climate be like?

It is not hate for me, but it is concern. I did not want Cam, primarily because i was concerned about his character. He could be great, but right now, he needs to be led. We want him to lead.

You could argue that he was better down the stretch. Was that because we were winning, or did his positive attitude cause us to win? I understand his frustration and cannot imagine how frustrating it is to see Hangartner's name on the back of his jersey pressing into your facemask---we need to protect him more.

Cam's attitude is based on the pressure he puts on himself. He was frustrated because the playbook was too thick for him. That is why he was holding the ball so long during the first half of the season--thinking too much.

Growing Pains. We want the confident, smiling Cam running the team, not the upset-with-himself Cam.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,763 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

i want him to be hated. i just want him to be winning and hated.

if you don't go about things the "normal" way (high school honor student, college with no problems, stick with what you start) and don't give off the appearance of being just a humble guy, then it's likely that people are going to look down on you.

it's really that simple. people like boring and they like "quiet confidence" and cam is neither of those things. he's completely confident in what he can do and knows that he's a game changer, but until he can win games it's just going to be seen as cocky.

for some reason a bunch of writers decided that he was just a bad kid. that he was trouble and writers like pigeon holing people like that. the media makes heroes and villains. they have that power and they use it. they just decided that he was going to be a villain. they know he thinks he's great. they want to see him fail and they want to be the one that gets to say "i told you so." they expect perfection in all areas from him and create a standard that is nearly impossible to keep and one that they won't hang on guys like RG3 or luck.

my advice, quit watching ESPN. quit listening to those bozos. when you do happen to listen...walk away. take it with a grain of salt and let it go.

#14 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,812 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

what somebody else thinks or whatever the perception may be is really meaningless.

im with rayzor. as long as the team wins, who cares.

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

50 posts to make a thread my ass....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.