Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Beane was never a candidate

36 posts in this topic

Close... Person got it from PY and PY pulled it out of his ass. SOP for those two Yahoos.

When Yasinskas was reporting that Mike McCoy was a lock for the OC job despite others reporting that Fox was leaning toward Jeff Davidson, his source was McCoy's agent (not exactly an unbiased source).

Source here could be an agent too. Who knows?

His source for reporting that Gettleman had never been a college scout? Lack of basic research, I suppose.

As someone else reminded me in the "Accorsi thoughts" thread, Yasinskas' initial report didn't even spell Gettleman's name right.

Gee, Pat Y wrong again? Say it ain't so!

With that said, Beane is a rising star in the organization. Who knows how far he can climb in the coming years.

people feeding the beane as gm notions are the same ones feeding the beane rising star/heir apparent stories.

i wouldn't dwell on it.

Mr. Scot.....you have busted the bubble of those strange people who call themselves Panther fans but like to trash the owner as cheap and incompetent. They see themselves as the victims of a plan for mediocracy. Why they are here baffles me.

I thank you.

2 people like this

Mediocracy?

Hershey is a nice place to relax. close enough to the big cities but also near the Poconos.

Lady Panther thank you for the PC version the non PC version reads as follows: Thank you for squashing the arguments of the many dumbasses that call themselves Panthers fans.

To be honest, it wasn't aimed so much at fans. I know some guys ran with it, but fans are fans.

Paid journalists going with it though? That's something else.

I still think someone in the organization, for whatever reason, put the writers on to the idea that Beane was a legit candidate. Maybe not JR or someone close to the actual search, but still someone within the organization. I don't think any writer would come up with that notion (that a totally unqualified guy was a legit candidate) on their own. Someone steered them that way.

As to Ladypanther's comments about JR...Jerry has been his own worst enemy when it comes to PR. He's the guy that let the world know he gave orders to gut the roster in prep for the lockout. He's the guy that admitted keeping keeping Fox longer than he wanted to because he didn't want to pay 2 staffs. He was one of the hardline guys in both the player lockout and the lockout of officials. It wasn't writers or fans that invented the notion that JR was cheap, it was the words out of his very mouth that created that impression.

I am just glad JR did the right thing and hired Accorsi and had the good judgement to trust his recommendations.