• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

If all other moble qbs have success with it from rb qb and throw and the only time we are successful with it is when cam runs it is US. we dont use it well, Cam isnt good at it, we shouldnt use it.

And which of those other teams that run the read option, run it as their BASE OFFENSE?

Cam runs a read option fine, just not when we run it 15 times a game allowing DEs to pin their ears for the backfield. When we sprinkle it in like these other teams do, and like how we did last year, it's very effective.

#32 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I dont want to get slammed again, but kaep did the read fake and throw probably 12 times, handed to gore a bunch and then ran a bunch. Every other pass bob threw was from the read fake.

#33 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Maybe the problem was no threat of throwing out of it.

#34 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Another factor is our rbs blew this year and to make it more successful you need the lbs to bite on the rb run. Kaep has gore and they've been running him better. And they all have better coaching staffs we do.

Our RBs 'blew'?! That had more to do with the scheme than it had to do with our RBs. DeWill had a 4.3 ypc average, which is probably his worst, but is a pretty solid ypc avg. You are right with your statement re: coaching staff for that same reason, but don't put that on opur RBs; they can only do what they are asked & w/i the scheme they have to work in.

#35 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Cam takes too long when he chooses to hand off. Most of our negative read option plays involved the RB getting creamed as soon as it is handed off. If you are not a blind Cam fanboy this is easy to see.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

The read option is supposed to be administered in doses. Not all the time. That's what the problem is. Look at the SF game. They didn't use it as a base. Look at the Redskins game. Even thought they lose. Both were examples. Chud is-was, the problem with the read option.

The next coordinator better see this. If he doesn't we're in for a lot of grief next year.

even chip kelly understands that. they establish the run and the passing game with it and then open it up to other things, but they make the defense think they are going to run it all the time. they'll use the formation, but run a lot of other stuff out of it.

#37 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,162 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

we have to remember the read part of this. if the de/lb is looking inward or to the outside, that determines the call of the qb. if a def never adjusts or shows they don't know how to stop the read option, why on earth would you go away from it?

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

The 49er's adapted the other great college innovation: The Pistol (have long been a fan of it and Kaep).

We use it some, but not enough.

#39 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Cam takes too long when he chooses to hand off. Most of our negative read option plays involved the RB getting creamed as soon as it is handed off. If you are not a blind Cam fanboy this is easy to see.

We don't know. We aren't in the huddle. But if you watch the way the Seahawks and the Niners run it I don't think there is an actual "read" on every play. In fact Russel Wilson goes entire games without keeping it. No one keeps it more out of the read option than Cam. It wouldn't surprise me if they have pre snap reads that determine who keeps the ball or no reads at all. They run the plays so quickly it's like any other run play there is no way they read the defense on the fly.

#40 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I guess a better way to describe it would almost be "play action" than option on the dive when they run the sweep.

#41 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Kapernick had an unbelievable game agains the packers this weekend, but it was still just one game.

How well did his read option work against the seahawks? Or the Rams?

I have never seen a defense that unprepared against a mobile QB in my life. And I have seen the panthers play against Vick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com