I Have Less Faith In Rivera After Today

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#61 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,895 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Personally, I find the "worst roster" argument kind of silly. Good coaches come in and take horrible rosters like ours to the playoffs all the time.

And one thing that Rivera does do very well is develop talent. I don't see him lasting two more years here, based on the other parts of his job that he doesn't do well, but when he does move on the next guy is going to inherit a roster that's stacked.

RR doesn't develop talent?

Cam Newton - rewriting the NFL record book each season
Luke Kuechly - rewriting Panther records
Greg Hardy - breakout year/ career year
Charles Johnson - career year
- top 10 D with a joke secondary

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Why would you have faith in a coach that has not produced?

I recommend only having faith in those that have been successful.

big head scratcher for me. 4 games out of two seasons, regardless of how good they were, is not enough to elicit confidence or faith for me. he's a losing HC until he proves otherwise.

#63 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

We have a fanbase that complains about everything

Even sir Purr

#64 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

My faith in RR has been zero since Atlanta.

Yea, Rivera has no nads.... isn't likely a coach of his caliber reaches divisional round play to begin with.

#65 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,895 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

big head scratcher for me. 4 games out of two seasons, regardless of how good they were, is not enough to elicit confidence or faith for me. he's a losing HC until he proves otherwise.

I have faith Newton can take over NFL games once he develops...that is what I bet on. Having Ron as a constant for Cam is just something we endure IMO.

RR will be as good or bad as Newton turns out to be. RR pretty much has taken that gamble. Newton from week one as a rookie has been put on the path to slowly learn how to dominate single handedly.....that doesn't give immediate results but more a big picture project. We will see how that pans out...

#66 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

We seem to have traded "it is what it is" for "it's a process"

#67 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

So you're saying that Rivera would have the same results as Harbaugh had he gone to SF?

Do you think that if Harbaugh had come to Carolina, he would have two losing seasons so far?

harbaugh would have done better in either place for 3 reasons.

1) he knew how to be a HC...rivera is still learning after 2 years.
2) he doesn't coach scared like rivera. he coaches to win games convincingly. he coaches to dominate the other team. rivera coaches to get a lead and then hope your defense can hang on to it. he coaches to not lose.
3) he had a more experienced coaching staff

we selected a coach who we hoped would one day know how to be a good head coach...and after two losing seasons we're still hoping for that. meanwhile the 49ers picked someone who was already good at it.

calling him overrated is almost as delusional as calling rivera a good coach. coaches that can win find a way to make their team win. coaches that can't make excuses.

#68 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

After reading the first few posts all I could think was, 'Omg... When did you guys grow vagina's'. You bitches sound like a bunch of battered wives. -.-

#69 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

RR doesn't develop talent?

Cam Newton - rewriting the NFL record book each season
Luke Kuechly - rewriting Panther records
Greg Hardy - breakout year/ career year
Charles Johnson - career year
- top 10 D with a joke secondary

Please read my post again, I said that developing talent is what RR does well.

#70 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

coaches that can win find a way to make their team win. coaches that can't make excuses.

QFT

#71 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

After reading the first few posts all I could think was, 'Omg... When did you guys grow vagina's'. You bitches sound like a bunch of battered wives. -.-

for not being happy about having a HC that cant figure out how to win?

it's amazing to me how complacent people are about having a perenial losing team.

i can't wait until the "it is what it is" apathetic culture is gone.

#72 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have faith Newton can take over NFL games once he develops...that is what I bet on. Having Ron as a constant for Cam is just something we endure IMO.

RR will be as good or bad as Newton turns out to be. RR pretty much has taken that gamble. Newton from week one as a rookie has been put on the path to slowly learn how to dominate single handedly.....that doesn't give immediate results but more a big picture project. We will see how that pans out...

We have 3 RB's though. That amount of pressure on Cam is unnecessary

#73 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

for not being happy about having a HC that cant figure out how to win?

it's amazing to me how complacent people are about having a perenial losing team.

i can't wait until the "it is what it is" apathetic culture is gone.

No one likes losing, and you don't have to like the coach. You also don't have to do is be all whiney and butt hurt about it. These forums are intended for thoughtful intellectual exchanges. When I read post that some of you make, see the one below, I feel like I'm reading the forums for the lifetime channel. I know it's the off season, but fug, this place is reaching new lows.

Yeah, here is how I look at the Rivera situation.

He came in like a new relationship. We had a great former relationship (Fox) that started strong and then just went horribly wrong. So, we got out of that one and found Rivera. We were excited, and even forgave his first season mistakes. We assured ourselves that he'd do better. Then he cheated on us. Then he lied to us. Then he cheated again. And here we sit...trying to figure out whether we can trust him anymore. We know we deserve better, but at the same time, we want to believe he can be better. So we stay. Now it's go time. He has to put up or shut up. If he drops the ball again, if he lies or cheats again, we have to dump him and find love elsewhere.

#74 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

this is the time of the year where fans of teams NOT in the playoffs can only talk about the obvious. which in the panthers case is that El Fox has to go to the playoffs next year. he can't win 8,9 or 10 games and not make it. he has to do it.

#75 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I despise fans talking about coaches. Despise, despise, despise the ignorance that comes out of the mouths of neophytes.

- Harbaugh gets credit for winning with a super-talented team built by a good GM.

- Harbaugh gets credit for game management skills, despite not calling the plays and being entirely unaware that games could end in a tie

- Harbaugh gets credit for schematic intelligence, despite running possibly the simplest schemes in the NFL. They're successful simply because he has mismatches in talent everywhere. Or does no one else find it strange that Kaepernick threw almost nothing but outs and go routes?

I don't understand why we all generally accept that Dalton isn't better than Cam despite the better surrounding talent, yet don't apply that same logic to coaches. Harbaugh presents no schematic advantage as a coach, which is why usually once the 49ers fall behind they stay behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.