Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Cleveland denied us and five other teams permission to interview Chris Tabor

31 posts in this topic

My comment has been addressed many times.

"lol at everyone that said that can't happen and asking permission is just a formality"

and rightfully so, it seems to be common place for people to deny assistant interviews. However, you gotta agree that "denying an interview" is kind of a dick move.

I mean, I know the NFL has its rules and traditions, but just on the principle of the thing. An interview? I mean does this practice not bother anybody else? This is still America. I dont even think that we necessarily need this guy, but he should be able to work where ever he wants or rather where ever he is going to make the most money.

Rivera knows him from Chicago. He used to be Toub's assistant.

Which, I know we'll have Rodgers, but it'd be nice to move him to something like Asst DBs (still would like Cris Dishman, if not) and grab Kevin O'Dea for that assistant ST job. He was rumored to be one of the options for STs coach in 2011, and now he's available.

I'd even say it's realistic that he could be hired if Toub doesn't come.

"BAWWW CLEVELAND IS KEEPING A COACH THEY LIKE BAWWW"

Entitled fags

Which, I know we'll have Rodgers, but it'd be nice to move him to something like Asst DBs (still would like Cris Dishman, if not) and grab Kevin O'Dea for that assistant ST job. He was rumored to be one of the options for STs coach in 2011, and now he's available.

I'd even say it's realistic that he could be hired if Toub doesn't come.

Forgot about O'Dea. That'd be a good option.

I figure Rodgers just stays as Assistant ST. They never actually changed his title, did they?

Given the history with Wilks and Rivera, I'd say the only way we get another secondary coach is if they split duties coaching safeties and corners (which I'd be okay with).

My comment has been addressed many times.

"lol at everyone that said that can't happen and asking permission is just a formality"

and rightfully so, it seems to be common place for people to deny assistant interviews. However, you gotta agree that "denying an interview" is kind of a dick move.

I mean, I know the NFL has its rules and traditions, but just on the principle of the thing. An interview? I mean does this practice not bother anybody else? This is still America. I dont even think that we necessarily need this guy, but he should be able to work where ever he wants or rather where ever he is going to make the most money.

agree to a point. Of course, there's two reasons that I find it allright - position coach moving to position coach, or interdivisional moves. If a coach is on a team that doesn't have a head coach or that is starting a new staff, it should be granted, but I can understand that, I guess.

Forgot about O'Dea. That'd be a good option.

I figure Rodgers just stays as Assistant ST. They never actually changed his title, did they?

Given the history with Wilks and Rivera, I'd say the only way we get another secondary coach is if they split duties coaching safeties and corners (which I'd be okay with).

it's currently assistant ST.

Which, it's not that Wilks needs "help". I just like grooming a guy. Dishman's a former player and was on the Rivera/Wilks staffs.

it's currently assistant ST.

Which, it's not that Wilks needs "help". I just like grooming a guy. Dishman's a former player and was on the Rivera/Wilks staffs.

Dishman was pretty smart as a player, if I recall correctly.