20 replies to this topic

#1 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Two longtime scouts who work for teams likely to have a top 10 pick believe that the Charlotte Bobcats should trade their 2013 draft pick, which promises to be a high selection once again.

“I don’t think this is a good draft,” said one scout. “This is the year you should consider trading your draft pick – no matter where it is.”

It appears unlikely that any lottery-bound team in the upcoming draft will find a franchise difference maker.

“The draft lottery was always supposed to be about exceptional players going to the worst teams,” said one of the scouts. “We’ve eroded the concept of ‘exceptional’ – exceptional doesn’t really exist anymore.”

http://basketball.re...2013_Draft_Pick

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I would say yes, but everyone looking to trade up will just have a sh*tty pick next year (i.e. playoff teams). So unless there is a good player involved (i.e. Pau Gasol or someone to the extent of him), you keep the pick and take the best over all player.

#3 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I don't love this draft, but I think that it has some potential in it. I've long been a huge Shabazz fan and I still feel that he will be a star in the league, but while he is dominant scoring the basketball... he averages .8 assists per game and .6 steals per game. He doesn't seem to be the all around player that I thought he was.

#4 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

what sucks even more is that this draft stinks and we're going to have 2 first rounders.

#5 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

How much stock I put into this = zero with a recent example to prove it. Last Feb. New Jersey wanted Gerald Wallace from Portland. They (NJ) listened to their scouts and determined that there were only three players in the summer draft worthy of a top pick (Anthony Davis, MKG & Bradley Beal) so they put a top 3 protection on the draft pick they gave Portland. It wound up being #6. Portland selected Damian Lillard who is slowly walking away with ROTY. I rest my case.

#6 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

How much stock I put into this = zero with a recent example to prove it. Last Feb. New Jersey wanted Gerald Wallace from Portland. They (NJ) listened to their scouts and determined that there were only three players in the summer draft worthy of a top pick (Anthony Davis, MKG & Bradley Beal) so they put a top 3 protection on the draft pick they gave Portland. It wound up being #6. Portland selected Damian Lillard who is slowly walking away with ROTY. I rest my case.

While you do have a point -- I would argue that scouts are right way more than they are wrong. However with that said -- I really can't see there not being a single star in this draft. It's not a really strong class as far as star power, but it is a deep draft and there are bound to be a few all-stars and a superstar or 2.

#7 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Agree 100% with this. A year ago these same scouts were talking up Shabazz Muhammed big time and now they seemed to have cooled on him. I am excited about the Bobcats future. I know they will suck one more year but my hope is that we are two yrs away and have a strong core of
PG: Walker
SG: Draft 12 or 13
SF: MKG
PF: Draft 12 or 13
C: Bismack

* If we go big and want defense we can plug Noel in there or I guess Zeller but I am not a huge can of his.

* If we want to go scorer we can go Shabazz or McClemore(sp?) from kansas

Personally, I would go scorer because I feel like we could get a big in free agency if we cant get one in the draft.

#8 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I think Bennett from UNLV will be the best pro. Then you have Zeller, Noel, Shabazz, McLemore, Poythress, so there is some talent out there to be had.

#9 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

People say this kind of thing almost every year. They said the 2011 draft was weak, but we got Kemba with the 11th pick so I dont put too much stock in it. There is talent to be had

#10 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I love Bennett's game, but he's a tweener. Obviously better than anything we have now though.

#11 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,830 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hate to say it guys but Biyombo is not going to be this team's starting C long-term.

#12 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Big/Small: Noel or Len/Caldwell or Wilcox
Small/Big: Shabazz or Mclemore/Austin or Mcadoo or Gobert

if we could move our Portland pick/Hendo and move up into top 10 we could get Shabazz/Cauley-Stein - woot!!

#13 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

PG: Walker
SG: Shabazz
SF: MKG
PF: Macadoo
C: Biyombo

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

macawhaaa?

He is softer than a babies bottom

#15 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm watching the Cats game and the UK game and Nerlens Noel is really impressing me. He has a real knack for getting rebounds (something we need desperately) and is tremendous on defense. He blocks a ton of shots, alters others, and will steal the ball if his man holds onto it for too long. The only thing he is missing is offense. Although, he showed a nice little running hook shot with his left hand (that didn't fall, but looked promising). Adding a midrange shot shouldn't be too difficult for him and he will be a star. And, unlike Biz (who I like, but has a LONG way to go), he can catch the ball and finish pretty well. Put some meat on him and I think he will grow into a premier C in the league.

Edit: Oh, and he is a great passer for a big too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users