• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,150 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

My friends seem to love calling up and requesting a guys night out. They usually do it A) when their gf's are out of town B) they are broken up C) They bring their gf's along anyway.

Yet I catch grief because I find the idea to be pretty dumb. If they wanted to go grab some drinks I would be fine but they stay up until 3am drinking. I still like to tie one on but there's no point in being up that late anymore. I partyed through my 20's and am now married and enjoy going to bed at 11pm.

I tell them that I wake up early on Saturday and chop stuff up with axes and chainsaws, drink beer, watch football, and then grill out. It's cheap and and nothing more manly than that.

It's weird dealing with mid-30's peer pressures :)

#2 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Pussy.

#3 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I literally can't stay up late now... too many years of getting up early with the kids getting them ready for school, etc.

12 is about my maximum limit and that's usually pushing it. I like to go out and have a good time, but I also like to chill at the house in front of the TV more than anything else.

#4 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

My friends seem to love calling up and requesting a guys night out. They usually do it A) when their gf's are out of town B) they are broken up C) They bring their gf's along anyway.

Yet I catch grief because I find the idea to be pretty dumb. If they wanted to go grab some drinks I would be fine but they stay up until 3am drinking. I still like to tie one on but there's no point in being up that late anymore. I partyed through my 20's and am now married and enjoy going to bed at 11pm.

I tell them that I wake up early on Saturday and chop stuff up with axes and chainsaws, drink beer, watch football, and then grill out. It's cheap and and nothing more manly than that.

It's weird dealing with mid-30's peer pressures :)

12? poo man I go to bed at 9pm and get excited if the wife is already asleep too.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,150 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Pussy.

Exactly

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

12? poo man I go to bed at 9pm and get excited if the wife is already asleep too.

Yeah, 12's like the latest... ever.

Usually if we're not in bed by 10 I'm ill. She gets me up at 6 to get ready for work and if I don't get 8 hours of sleep I'm a bitch.

#7 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,150 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hell I still love to go out but at some point I rather do things than just drink. I'd rather drink beers and play golf. Drink beers and go fishing. Drink beers and play poker.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,150 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

my wife and I went out last night to dinner with a friend and his fiance and it was easy. We grabbed some food, drank a couple bottles of wine, me and him talked about how poorly we played golf and they talked about her wedding....then I was home by 9pm.

#9 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy hour starts at 7. FYI.

:D

#10 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,342 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

So you don't want to do guys night with me, then? I thought we were buddies????

:(

#11 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

We stayed home last Friday night..I was asleep at 11:30 :)

I had a bunch of girls over at my house Saturday night and was asleep by Midnight.

#12 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

We stayed home last Friday night..I was asleep at 11:30 :)

I had a bunch of girls over at my house Saturday night and was asleep by Midnight.

Go on....

#13 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Drinking just to drink, with no other entertainment? Fug that.

I would like to have a poker night though, but that poo would have to be over by midnight

#14 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

We celebrated New Year's Eve.

We celebrated that we actually made it to 12:01 and not falling asleep.

#15 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wait until you have kids... it gets even better...

Hell I don't even drink... never really have... but there are a lot of other things I used to do that marriage and a child has completely taken away from me...

I'm not bitter at all... but man do I wish I could sleep past like 7:00 AM just ONE day... Even if I deliberately try (wife and kid out of town or something), I'm up by then anyways...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com