Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article on Jerry Richardson's Succession Plans

132 posts in this topic

Posted

So you are saying there will be no chance of relocation because of the $125M

Posted

So you are saying there will be no chance of relocation because of the $125M

Is that what I said? It does mean that if they want to move the team they would need to buy the city out, on top of whatever the cost of moving the team would be.

Posted

So do lot's of other billion dollar businesses in CLT. Glad you are ok with corporate welfare.

Cities, counties and states provide incentives for all kinds of businesses to locate in their areas to provide tax revenue and jobs. Without these incentives, the companies could and would go elsewhere. Same with sports teams.

Posted

So that clause is in the deal?

Posted

I never said he is not spending money. I am saying that the salary cap in no way reflects the amount of money being spent on a salaries in a given year.

The only amount Jerry is required to pay is the guaranteed amount which is prorated over the length of the contract.

Just because someone signs a $100M contract does not mean he is guaranteed to be paid $100M.

. . .THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. . .

Posted

Cities, counties and states provide incentives for all kinds of businesses to locate in their areas to provide tax revenue and jobs. Without these incentives, the companies could and would go elsewhere. Same with sports teams.

Yeah the difference is "to locate" vs "to renovate"

Posted

Yeah, Panthro, they do that as well.

Posted

There also are incentives for expansions, renovations, etc., to retain said businesses.

Posted

. . .THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. . .

no its not

Posted

no its not

If you paid the slightest bit of attention to the GIANT signing bonuses Hurney was fond of handing out, those signing bonuses are fully guaranteed, even if a player is cut. When we have to cut contracts to get back under the salary cap every season then it's obvious we are paying out close to the salary cap in the season prior, otherwise there wouldn't be a need.

Yes, it was.

Posted

Yes, it was.

Yeah you agree with what I've been saying. I said a salary cap did not accurately show how much money a team was spending yearly.

You went on a tizzy saying JR is going to spend $140M in salary this year. Which is wrong.

Posted

Yeah you agree with what I've been saying. I said a salary cap did not accurately show how much money a team was spending yearly.

You went on a tizzy saying JR is going to spend $140M in salary this year. Which is wrong.

I said nothing about $140 million in salary! I said we've been spending close to the cap, aka JR isn't cheap like the Glazers who spent 30 million below the cap for ages. Don't accuse me of saying things I didn't say.