Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

548 posts in this topic

If this is true it would be one of the greatest and most elaborate hoaxes of all time. I am not sure whether to be offended or impressed.

Keep this event in mind when you say "If all these people are reporting something it must be true." Or the old "Where there is smoke" statements. By and large the sports media is flat out lazy.

Deadspin did a number on Te'o. Mad props to Deadspin for sticking with the story and taking the time to do the research and find things out.

Having lost a parent to cancer, Te'o is a sick SOB.

1 person likes this

https://twitter.com/LennayKay/status/291667906012524545

lmaoooooooooo omg funniest thing I have ever read.

so apparently Manti and his parents told ND on the 26th he was the "victim" of a hoax

I really don't know if that's true.

It was way too elaborate for it to be a hoax on Manti.

Also, I don't think the media was in on it at all like some are suggesting, I don't think anyone really had the time or the patience to see if the story was true or not, and media just like regular folks are always known for believing whatever they are told whether true or not.

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

ND must think we're all dumb.

1 person likes this