Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

548 posts in this topic

KKEEEEEERPPPPPLLLLUNNNNKKKK (the sound of te'o's draft stock

His next move is to just come clean. Air it all out. That is the only way he can move forward.

Could it be possible that Tuiasosopo could be behind everything and playing these dumbass athletes to somehow extort money/etc. from once they hit the NFL?

That's a heck of a niche market.

Now John Clayton si saying this isn't a character issue.

How???

Even if he was the victim, this speaks about how poor his judgement is.

Well, it's worth remembering that ESPN reportedly had the story for ten days and sat on it before Deadspin scooped them and it blew up.

Honestly, it might be in their best interest to minimize it.

(didn't they initially sit on/downplay the Sandusky story too?)

Valid, though worth remembering that those guys were busts (you could argue for Pacman, though not with the team that drafted him).

You'd like to think people learn, but I've lived long enough to know that they often don't.

I could also list the character concern guys who were not busts, such as Randy Moss, Dez Bryant or Cam Newton...

The pendulum swings both ways...

Character is important to teams, yes... But talent and intelligence still trumps most other determining factors...

From Twitter...

Matt Miller [email protected]

NFL exec. this morning, "We'll draft criminals, but lie to my face and you're off our board." Some don't believe Te'o's story.

No word on what team.

Think this story couldn't get any weirder?

Think again.

Cardinals fullback Reagan Mauia says Lennay Kekua was real and claims to have met her

How'd you like to be Manti's agent right now?

Maybe the "cousin" has a stable of women he helps getting with professional (and pre-professional) athletes, in an effort to dupe them all ... or maybe he's just a pimp.