Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

what channel?

Looks like ESPN News is going to carry it.

#137 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,753 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

You could argue that he's virtually undraftable now, in the same vein as the guy who was revealed to have had sex with his sister.

Honestly, how do you put this guy in your locker room with a story like this attached to him?

#138 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Oh he was in on it, come on.

Like others have said, he was talking on the phone? Was this guy talking in a woman's voice? Also, you're telling me a star athlete in college can't get chicks in person, and multiples of them? There's too many lies on his part, for him to not be in on it.

So either

1) It was fabricated for attention, publicity, etc.
2) He's gay. It all fits. His friend was always there instead of his "g/f". He didn't want anyone to know he's gay because of the football world. He probably figured, that if people thought he had a girlfriend at least in the past, they wouldn't assume he was gay. And when he didn't have a girlfriend in the future, they wouldn't think much of it, thinking "Oh, he's not over his love of his life". So far less suspicions I suspect his family was definitely involved though, they had to be.

Either or, he's screwed. Most people will believe he's lying, and if he tells them he WAS in on it, they'll find out he's gay (if that's the story) and I'm not sure teams will draft someone that is open about that (I know people have came out later but yeah).

It's a bad situation for the guy, not sure I can really fault him for this if that is indeed the reason (hiding his sexual orientation). I guess coming out with those statements is him and ND trying to save face as long as they can.

#139 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Who? 9 pages? Smh

#140 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

The more I think about it the more I believe that he should just come out & say something to the effect of "Yeah I'm gay. I made her up because of the culture of football & the culture of this country. I'm sorry but i really wanted to play without causing distractions."

Even if it's not true.

That would be the easy way to get the heat off of him and right now it seems like that would be the only way to get the heat off of him. The media would take that story and morph it into some discussion that makes him the victim and will garner all types of sympathy.

#141 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Lol...espn is airing an interview right now from October where he is saying on camera that he fell asleep talking to her on the phone every night. WTF. Mormons dude. Mormons.

#142 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Press conference now on ESPNNews

#143 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Wow.... Even NFLN cut out of their programming to talk about it. The girl wasn't even real lol what a low life

#144 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lol Irish AD saying Manti is the victim of the hoax. Case closed then I guess, fellas!

#145 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

hahaha at ND

This is such horseshit. Manti the "victim". what a joke.

#146 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Darin Gantt@daringantt

Notre Dame AD: "... this is Manti's story to tell and we believe he has the right to tell it." Translated: "Hey, everybody look over there."

#147 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Who? 9 pages? Smh

Do I not know what smh means or something? Why would someone be shaking their head at 9 pages of discussion of a hilarious and interesting topic? Are there really people that bland?

#148 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

i bet this guy is like thanks a lot Manti, you shithead. I gotta lie in front of the national media. Talk about pressure. This guy is talking about "catfishing" on MTV. jesus christ this is insane

#149 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Do I not know what smh means or something? Why would someone be shaking their head at 9 pages of discussion of a hilarious and interesting topic? Are there really people that bland?

Seriously, lol. Not only is this one of the more insane stories that I've heard in a long time, but it's also filling our time out while we wait to see who is hired for our staff.

I'm surprised there's not more than 9 pages, honestly.

#150 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

So the evidence of Manti's innocence is because this story is similar to a documentary? What?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.