Photo
- - - - -

Canes Set Final Roster/Depth Chart For Opening Night!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

(1/14) Three days ago the Canes traded Mark Alt and Brian Boucher to Philadelphia for Luke Pither. Luke Pither will most likely be headed to Charlotte and be playing with the Checkers due to all the call-ups.

(1/14) The Canes also made a trade for an enforcer in Kevin Westgarth. The Canes traded Anthony Stewart, a 4th round pick, and a 6th round pick to Los Angeles for Westgarth who will be our bruiser.

(1/15) Yesterday, the Canes recalled Zac Dalpe and Brett Sutter and assigned Nash and Welsh to Charlotte.

(1/16) Today, the Canes placed Brett Sutter and Andreas Nodl on waivers. If neither is claimed, they will both be headed to Charlotte. However Rutherford did mention that if Nodl is not claimed that he may be involved in a trade to a team wanting to shed cap space.

(1/17) Neither Nodl or Sutter was claimed and both will be reporting to Charlotte. Even with all of the call-ups, Charlotte shouldn't miss a beat with the likes of Brett Sutter (who is the captain), Andreas Nodl, Chris Terry, Riley Nash, Jerome Samson, Marc Andre-Gragnani, Tim Wallace, and Jeremy Welsh.

(1/18) The Hurricanes have recalled Jeremy Welsh

(1/18) The Hurricanes have assigned Tim Wallace to Charlotte and Ryan Murphy to Kitchener.

Final Roster

Forwards
Drayson Bowman
Zach Boychuk
Jeremy Welsh
Tim Brent
Zac Dalpe
Patrick Dwyer
Jussi Jokinen
Chad LaRose
Alexander Semin
Jeff Skinner
Eric Staal C'
Jordan Staal A'
Jiri Tlusty
Kevin Westgarth

Defense
Jay Harrison
Joe Corvo
Justin Faulk
Tim Gleason A'
Jamie McBain
Joni Pitkanen
Bobby Sanguinetti

Goalies
Cam Ward
Dan Ellis

Injured
Tuomo Ruutu

Depth Chart
Zach Boychuk - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin
Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Zac Dalpe
Jiri Tlusty - Jussi Jokinen - Chad LaRose
Fourth Line Not Set (Will consist of a combo of Tim Brent, Drayson Bowman, Patrick Dwyer, Jeremy Welsh, and Kevin Westgarth).

Tim Gleason - Joe Corvo
Joni Pitkanen - Justin Faulk
Jay Harrison - (Either McBain or Sanguinetti)

Cam Ward
Dan Ellis

#2 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I haven't been this excited about a Canes team in years. We have improved almost every area of our team, some by leaps and bounds, over this time last year.

Also, I think we the talent we have now, we can afford to gamble more on high upside players as we won't be relying so heavily on our 3rd/4th line guys for production. Under Mo, if we weren't getting goals from all 4 lines, we were toast.

Love the direction that Muller has this team heading in. And, hopefully it means we can take some flyers on developmental guys rather than relying on safe, but lesser talented guys because we HAVE to play perfect hockey to not get blown off the ice.

Out of the bubble guys, I'm pulling for Wallace, Dalpe and Murphy. Murphy especially. I just see him as one of those guys that, if he ends up playing for another team, will haunt us for years.

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I haven't been this excited about a Canes team in years. We have improved almost every area of our team, some by leaps and bounds, over this time last year.

lol what?

#4 IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Tony Stark By Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Jay Harrison on defense. Forgot Jay Harrison. Murphy and Sanguinetti will be fighting for the 7th spot. Id expect Sanguinetti to get it off experience. Westgarth will most likely be a healthy scratch against teams with no enforcer but I hope that they try to develop his skills and get him to stand in front of the net on the power play.

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

You're right, thanks for the catch, lost my place in all the names.

I would think they would finally give the spot to Murphy and let Sanguinetti continue to lead the defense in Charlotte.

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Update for Nodl and Sutter.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Updated for Welsh.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Updated for Murphy and Wallace.

#9 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

And sink to the bottom with the submarines.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationOut in God's country.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

http://www.icethetics.info/

This website is saying new home and away unis for next year.

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yeah a couple of people have told me that. I am actually really good friends with a former players daughter (#2) and she told me that the logo for the third jersey is actually a tropical storm warning that two flags = tropical storm, one flag = hurricane.

#11 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

And sink to the bottom with the submarines.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationOut in God's country.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yeah i've heard that whole 1 flag/2 flags thing since they came up with the secondary logo. You could argue on the home and away jerseys there are 2 of the logos so there are 2 flags = hurricane. I wish they would have used the 2 flag version of the secondary logo i've seen around for the third jersey but i digress. It's going to be interesting to see what they do. I'm predicting just a minor update similar to when they added the yoke around the sholders a lilttle while back.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

I like the colors and the emblem is pretty cool, maybe just touch it up a little.

#13 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

lol what?

It's pre-season. Forgive posters if they get excited.

In all seriousness, the only issue is depth, especially on defense. I'm excited to see the progress that Justin Faulk has made as I think he has a chance to be special.

It'll be interesting which Alexander Semin we signed, as he's always had the potential to be an elite player but his inconsistencies frustrated the Capitals.

After the departure of the Maurice, this team made progress in the second half, albeit too little, too late. IMO the Southeast Division is wide open this year, and though this team has some faults, they still have the talent to get to the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com