55 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

And you also tempt fates as to your guns being used on your own family by intruders, guests, or themselves,

Which is more likely. Show your stats. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just show your data and let me determine which are better odds. Not your decision to make.

#17 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

And you also tempt fates as to your guns being used on your own family by intruders, guests, or themselves,

This is the dumbest ass comment I've seen. So the thief is going to break into my home and get to my guns before I? Tell you what. You can come exercise this scenario and I'll leave the door unlocked for you.

#18 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

You choose to leave your fate to the response time of a police officer. Don't attempt to belittle others for their choices and the situations that may require them to do more for protection, bubbleboy.

Dont worry, I have plenty of deadly hammers lying around to protect myself

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Which is more likely. Show your stats. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just show your data and let me determine which are better odds. Not your decision to make.

I'm not saying it is my decision on what you do. You should avoid saying that I am making a worse decision for my family because I rely on the police to respond to a burglary. If you own a gun you assume many other risks which you happen to be ok with.

In 2011 in Charlotte there were 6,300 residential break ins and 55 murders in a population of of 757.000 and 341,000 households.

Less than a 2% of a break in and a .0000726 % chance of being murdered

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Dont worry, I have plenty of deadly hammers lying around to protect myself

Your choice. I'm sure Panthro's scenario doesn't apply here.

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

This is the dumbest ass comment I've seen. So the thief is going to break into my home and get to my guns before I? Tell you what. You can come exercise this scenario and I'll leave the door unlocked for you.

I bet you stay up late at night beating off to the thought of shooting someone. This is why more times than not gun ownership is an addiction, a sickness and a disease

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm not saying it is my decision on what you do. You should avoid saying that I am making a worse decision for my family because I rely on the police to respond to a burglary. If you own a gun you assume many other risks which you happen to be ok with.

In 2011 in Charlotte there were 6,300 residential break ins and 55 murders in a population of of 757.000 and 341,000 households.

Less than a 2% of a break in and a .0000726 % chance of being murdered

Did I say you were making a worse decision? I don't know where you live and your situation. You may have a really nice gated community where everyone knows everyone and there hasn't been a robbery in years.

Pithy (stolen from PhillyB) comments, regarding how people choose to protect their family/home, from liberals while not knowing their personal situation is assinine.

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just like Obama making a decree where >10 round magazines are banned shouldn't be made at the federal level because they don't understand what the needs may/may not be out there for ones >10.

I find it hilarious that the NY law forgot to exempt NY police officers. The honest media question should be "Why SHOULD police officers be exempt from the same laws we have to live by."

Tell this guy he doesn't need his.
http://dsc.discovery...-collection.htm

although he probably doesn't need full auto...I'm not out there in the bush with animals that are hunting me at times.

#24 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Your choice. I'm sure Panthro's scenario doesn't apply here.

Seeing as I dont live in a war zone, I'm gonna take my chances without a gun.

Plus, I dont own much valuable poo. Not worth pulling a gun on an armed intruder IMO

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Seeing as I dont live in a war zone, I'm gonna take my chances without a gun.

Plus, I dont own much valuable poo. Not worth pulling a gun on an armed intruder IMO

Maybe they just want your wife's vagina....or you.

#26 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Not worth pulling a gun on an armed intruder IMO

If your life isn't worth defending yourself against an armed intruder; the less of you around the better I say.

#27 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Maybe they just want your wife's vagina....or you.

No serious girl at the moment, so I'll take my chances against roaming packs of armed man-raping bandits

#28 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

If your life isn't worth defending yourself against an armed intruder; the less of you around the better I say.

lol you do realize people dont just break into your house to shoot you, right? This isnt a James Bond movie

#29 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I bet you stay up late at night beating off to the thought of shooting someone. This is why more times than not gun ownership is an addiction, a sickness and a disease

I actually sleep quite well. If my ideology of not becoming a victim and preservation of our natural rights are part of a disease I sure hope it's contagious.

#30 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

lol you do realize people dont just break into your house to shoot you, right? This isnt a James Bond movie

To the anti-gun advocate gun's do it.

g5jamz are you on CSF by any chance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com