Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

OK, so if no heir to Smitty is in our draft plans, or in the draft at all,then FA is critical

219 posts in this topic

i've been on the WR wagon since August, 2011.

Unless there is an instant starter at LT there at 14, we should grab the best WR available and go O-line in the 2nd.

having mutiple passing options can only HELP the Panthers. if its only Cam well guess what?

i say what many have said lately, shift SS to the slot and grab a very solid vet. or, get another very good te.

you don't have to be the Steel Curtain on d anymore. just play good red zone d but have a very solid offense and you are good to go.

Ravens dont even beat the Broncos without Torrey Smith and the Patriots had no one to match up against Boldin when they focused on Smith. Panthers are a VERY dangerous team with two dynamic receivers. No argument.

Ravens dont even beat the Broncos without Torrey Smith and the Patriots had no one to match up against Boldin when they focused on Smith. Panthers are a VERY dangerous team with two dynamic receivers. No argument.

That's what I am saying. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. We need that other threat to raise our receiving threat level to DEFCON 1.

Roddy White and Julio Jones were the reason that the Falcons were in the championship. Moreover, it comes as no surprise to me that we whipped the Falcons. Hardy already told you the deal on that.

As to your point regarding power running teams, that's only half the story. If you have watched the games lately, both teams have at least two legit threats at wide-out which happened to be key to them getting to the dance.

The Ravens, were easy to figure out---much like us----before they got Smith to take some pressure off Boldin (who some people were saying skills fell off a cliff much like they said about 89). Once they obtained Smith defenses could no longer key on Boldin. They replaced Evans with Jones to top it all off, and they threw in Pitta just for fun. Now they have finally gotten over the hump. Completely balanced and difficult to stop if Flacco is on his game.

You do have a legitimate argument about the 49ers but Crabtree, Moss, and the fastest pass-catching TE in the NFL (not to mention another pass-catching TE who could probably start on some squads) are not exactly a toothless WR corp.

Doing the best to fill needed positions are not necessarily mutually exclusive, so stop acting as if they are.

The Ravens didn't start to get better until they made the changes to their O-line. You don't have to be Steve Wonder to see that they are able to make down field throws because their O-line is better. Not to mention Boldin isn't much faster then Lafell or Murphy and he is no where near as fast as Gettis.

I still see nobody want to anwser this question.

How many games did we lose Because of our sub Par wr's?

it's ridiculous to think that we wouldn't be much better with a true WR thread across from smitty....and to have someone here before he really does retire.

what's our plan B? how many who saw that turd thread yesterday saying that smitty had retired believed it was really happening? i know i did for a brief moment. we all know it's happening and then what are we left with? lafell, murphy, and gettis? sorry if i don't stand in awe of that WR corps.

it has to be addressed and i mean seriously. none of those teams in the final 4 get there without their killer receiving corps. besides smitty we have average at best....and don't give me that gettis superstar crap.

we need to either address it early in the draft, in FA, or via trade....but no way do we go into next year without having another stud WR brought in.

I still see nobody want to anwser this question.

How many games did we lose Because of our sub Par wr's?

that's not the point.

until we seriously address it, we'll be stuck. we need better than smitty and meh....esp. if smitty gets hurt again and misses the season or retires.

we have to have balance. we don't have it. we are heavily weighted on the run side of things and that is always going to hold us back until we balance it out with a better WR corps.

again, i'm just glad to have someone in the FO that appreciates it AND has a clue about how to spot talent there.

it's ridiculous to think that we wouldn't be much better with a true WR thread across from smitty....and to have someone here before he really does retire.

what's our plan B? how many who saw that turd thread yesterday saying that smitty had retired believed it was really happening? i know i did for a brief moment. we all know it's happening and then what are we left with? lafell, murphy, and gettis? sorry if i don't stand in awe of that WR corps.

it has to be addressed and i mean seriously. none of those teams in the final 4 get there without their killer receiving corps. besides smitty we have average at best....and don't give me that gettis superstar crap.

we need to either address it early in the draft, in FA, or via trade....but no way do we go into next year without having another stud WR brought in.

Anwser the fuging question?

How many games did we lose because of our Sub par wr corp?

who is saying anything about our WRs losing games for us?

quit being so pissy. you're arguing something that no one else is arguing about.

it's about bringing balance to the team and recognizing that aside from smitty we've got jack at WR and that needs to be fixed for the offense to get taken to the next level and to make this team more of a complete threat.