Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Spackler

Shula promoted to OC

328 posts in this topic

I think some of you are not paying attention. We have a new GM but we kept the coach. If this season tanks, the next HC will want to bring in his own staff. Why would we hire and give a contract to a new OC when there is at least a small chance he will get fired next year and still get paid

Smith just said that Ricky is the reason for Armanti's improvement /off subject

Steve smith speaking on the hire on wfnz now...and he has the opposite view on the hire that 95% of y'all have.

Interesting

I don't listen to players when it come to coaches. Emotions are involved

A guy might be likeable, but that doesn't mean he's the person to lead the team

1 person likes this

Steve smith speaking on the hire on wfnz now...and he has the opposite view on the hire that 95% of y'all have.

Interesting

Wtf u expect him to say

Not really excited about this. Yet I am also not really upset. I like the continuity but also would have liked a fresh pair of eyes to maybe make some adjustments

Wtf u expect him to say

Pretty sure he wouldn't call in if he had a negative view.

I think the hire is meh but not the end of the world.

Rivera: Well, yeah, it probably would have been best to go with a more qualified candidate for the job, but if I did, it really would have put a lot of pressure on me trying to keep my job. That constant fear that the guy beneath me is a better coach than I and probably going to take my job was just more than I could bare, so I went with the least qualified candidate I could find.

More or less, anyways.

Pretty sure he wouldn't call in if he had a negative view.

I think the hire is meh but not the end of the world.

sounds like 90% of our seasons.

"hey...it wasn't a winning one but it could be worse."

You guys saying "it's been a long time since Tampa" are forgetting that he was a failure at Alabama, too, just a couple years ago.

Yep. There's a reason why he could only land a quarterbacks gig here in Charlotte of all places.

I think some of you are not paying attention. We have a new GM but we kept the coach. If this season tanks, the next HC will want to bring in his own staff. Why would we hire and give a contract to a new OC when there is at least a small chance he will get fired next year and still get paid

Shula won't have more than a one year contract?

Interesting

Yeah. Players were pissed when Marty got poo-canned, missed Fox and wanted Rivera retained.

That truly inspires some confidence in their staffing opinions.

LOL!! Is anybody listening to the Drive?? Smitty just called in to chime in on the Shula move and him a Marc James had a heated exchange. Funny as hell.