327 replies to this topic

#151 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,676 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

are we even going to be using chud's playbook?

or are we going to be using shula's masterpiece from the 90's?

Don't be daft. Continuity was the reason. OBviously were going to be using a form of what we used last year.

#152 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts

I honestly just don't understand how this franchise can be so complacent with losing. For those of you who are considering selling your PSL's, I'd say now is the time to do it. I don't know if this team thinks the "good" teams hire from within so that's how we should do it (newsflash: we aren't a good team, we're a laughingstock exactly because of moves like this. We're losers) but it's just pitiful.

Of course the Richard Rodgers promotion as well is just rubbing salt in the wound. We interview some very highly touted candidates who have had great success and then just elected to promote one of the orechestrators of last year's abortion despite all the money we spent on "aces."

This entire team is just a disgrace and it's hard to see this move by Rivera as anything other than him trying to convince ownership that "it wasn't me! it was everyone else who was bad!" in an effort to buy himself some time. If I were Gettleman I would be beating down Richardson's door to let me fire the man right now. Three in-house hires in a losing organization, promoting people who have no business being promoted, is just unacceptable and the fans should refuse to accept such a thing.

This entire organization is an embarrassment to the National Football League.

#153 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

I am in the camp of waiting to see how this plays out the first half if next year before I decide if it was a good move or not.

Right now, none of us know.

The ST promotion is the one I question....assuming that April wanted the job.

#154 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Wow anything to spew hatred huh? Rivera is in charge of these decisions, not the quarterback.

Oh the offseason..

Easy tiger, I didn't say that's what I thought, I was referring to all the posts citing "consistency" as the reason for this.

It makes zero sense.

#155 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,201 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

How do you know that Shula is making any less that Hue would have been paid?

Another worthless post from you....as predictable as ever.

He's partly right

This is all JR fault

The people of Charlotte, Carolina period needs to tell JR the hell with his 125 mil and completely stop going to the games. Do something else on Sundays

#156 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,683 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

So Trent Dilfer, the only QB to be cut the season after they won the super bowl.

But guess what, in 2000 as soon as Shula was gone, their offense jumped to #6 despite starting Dilfer's backup who went on to fail out of Arena League. TB had a very good offense at the time with 2 Pro Bowlers in the backfield. The problem before 2000 was Shula's absolute failure as an OC, and his famous inability to call the right plays or even get them to the field on time.

#157 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

i need a fuging drink. this is unbearable

#158 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Why would anyone think he'd run the se offense he did in Tampa in the 90s.

That fricking ignorant.

#159 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,468 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

The best part is that next season while Cam is regressing mechanically he won't have a true QB coach to help because he QB coach will be too busy trying to learn the nuances of the offense we're running. Just awesome. We're going to destroy the greatest thing that has ever happened to this team because we're cheap, or lazy, or just i so not know, but it's truly sad and it's hard to see Cam staying when his contract is up right now.

Oh wait! Even better! After we dish out another losing season, Rivera's excuse will be "well we had a young staff, some coaches who were learning who expected to turn out better" and he'll get one more year! (along with a few undeserving scapegoats thrown in of course)

#160 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,043 posts

On the bright side:

1. Shula already knows Cam and the rest of our offensive personnel better than any OC we could bring in.
2. He had a front row seat to our struggles last year and to the adjustments that were made that allowed Cam to break through.
3. Cam is comfortable and familiar with him.
4. It's been a long time since his failures in Tampa and it's not like Tampa was loaded with talent on offense.

#161 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,619 posts

Don't be daft. Continuity was the reason. OBviously were going to be using a form of what we used last year.

continuity is the reason that we still have rivera around.

doesn't make that a good thing.

#162 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,676 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

But guess what, in 2000 as soon as Shula was gone, their offense jumped to #6 despite starting Dilfer's backup who went on to fail out of Arena League. TB had a very good offense at the time with 2 Pro Bowlers in the backfield. The problem before 2000 was Shula's absolute failure as an OC, and his famous inability to call the right plays or even get them to the field on time.

Damn, I had no Idea. Good thing I have a lot of Rum. fug

#163 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

On the bright side:

1. Shula already knows Cam and the rest of our offensive personnel better than any OC we could bring in.
2. He had a front row seat to our struggles last year and to the adjustments that were made that allowed Cam to break through.
3. Cam is comfortable and familiar with him.
4. It's been a long time since his failures in Tampa and it's not like Tampa was loaded with talent on offense.

thank you fir showing the huddle some common sense.

#164 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,468 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

I keep waiting to hear this was just a false bit of information, something, an accident, anything, I keep trying to wake up but I can't.

This team is actually going to destroy itself. I can't believe it. It's unbearable to watch.

#165 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Why would anyone think he'd run the se offense he did in Tampa in the 90s.

That fricking ignorant.

it's more the guy calling the plays that's bothering me than the playbook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com