Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb 4, 2000 Shula fired as OC...

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Alabama fans are some of the most loyal, informed, and passionate fans in the world. They hate Mike Shula more than Cam Newton. That really tells me all I need to know.

Look, I'm not saying we are going 3-13. We might even make the playoffs. But I feel like that is our ceiling. If we play out of our minds and catch breaks we can make the playoffs with this roster and coaching staff. But we don't stand a chance against other playoff teams. There is a clear separation of class between our staff and those playing this weekend.

Posted

I live in Bama and I assure you all they are mocking us without end right now.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Covered Mike Shula as play-caller at Bama. Stunned he is an NFL coordinator. But that was 6 years ago. Interesting to see what he's learned

That is coming from this guy...

Reporter.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

We might as well hope for the best.

the story of every panther offseason with very little to show for it.

Posted

I lived in Tampa Bay

bant

Posted

Chip Kelly?

Posted

Just in case I am saying it first.

FIRE SHULA!!!1!

:D

Posted

the story of every panther offseason with very little to show for it.

I can't disagree.

I'm just not empowered to affect change here, short of selling my PSLs and I'm probably crazy for not.

Still there is reason for optimism, with a franchise QB, a pretty decent MLB, and two pretty good DEs...a supposed all pro center and a LT with a few more games in him...and decent running backs.

I will err on the side of optimism with Gettleman running the ship. If Gettleman fails, over the course of 3 years, yes, that will be it for me. Getting too old and the PSLs too expensive.

Posted

Just talked to Cam.

He said fug this poo I'm going back to the 60s and calling my own damned plays.

We're good.

Posted

Chud was a control freak, I like Shula being promoted, maybe Cam will be allowed to call a few plays himself now.

Maybe Cam will be forced to improve at the LOS bc Shula sucks so bad is basically what you're saying...

Get ready for another top 10 pick next year and hopefully a different staff. Hope Jerry enjoys that extra drop in the bucket of a couple mil he's saving by keeping this terrible staff.

Posted

all this would have never happened if we had just fired ron,

but oh wait, "M-MUH CONTINUITY".

Posted

I'm hoping that he has grown as a coach since then. It's been over 10 years and he's still in the NFL so he must be doing something right.

1 person likes this

Posted

I lived in Tampa Bay during his tenure.

Defensive coordinators would laugh about how the bucs had a high school offense and no game planning was needed, just base packages.

I'm not exaggerating. It was god awful.

You have no idea.

God I hope he has learned a few things since then.

Wait, how did you living in Tampa give you access to all the other defensive coordinators around the country and their private game planning schemes for the Tampa offense?!?!?

With that type of access and privileged information you should be the OC ;)

Also, I think it would be important to note that he will not be using the same playbook he was using in Tampa or Alabama for that matter. He will likely be using Chud's. So thankfully it shouldn't be that high school offense this time around.

1 person likes this