Photo
- - - - -

Which team does Cam go to after he forces his way out of this shitfest?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Well, we have to have some of the most insecure fans of any football team.

Or the most optimistic.
Hard to say who is sane in a funny farm.

#32 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,435 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dallas, they're already looking to go after him.... well on their forum they are

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

oh looks its panthers55 with his annual "this is the year we make the playoffs!" prediction

LOL

Hey sooner or later I am going to be right?? Wanted to get it out there first so when it happens I can say that I knew it all along.

Kind of like you predicting Cam is going to leave 2 or 3 years from now. Will you make this a monthly prediction or only do it annually?

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

First, fug off with the vagina juice bullshit. You're circling the wagons and crying because someones being mean to your team :(

Second, right, I'm running a real stretch job on the imagination with what I posted. Joe Shitdick that we just promoted to ST coach is obviously a better hire than some scrub named April, right? We obviously promoted Mike "the pinnacle of my coaching career was 4 years coaching QBs in Jacksonville" Shula because he's a talented and brilliant offensive mind. Just about everyone outside of Yas and Sorenson are questioning our sanity but what the fug do they know.

We have the coaches we have because we let Rivera choose his staff and he, contrary to all evidence, thinks he has a system in place for us to win and doesn't want anyone on staff that could take his seat midway through the season should he predictably fug up the season. Just like last year when we couldn't bump him because "who would run the practices?!"

No where did I say that he was the best candidate. In fact, I think he's a shitty candidate. My point was, that there's no fuging chance that he was hired over Hue, or anyone else for that matter, because Rivera was worried that whomever he hired might be his midseason replacement.

Like I said, his contract will be paid in full regardless of when he gets fired. He could get fired today or 18 months from now and still make the same amount of money. However, if he still wants to coach the Panthers in the future, he needs to win games and win them immediately. Hiring the coach that he feels gives him the best chance to do just that is what he's going to do.

That "we couldn't fire him because we had no one to run practices" line, is complete malarkey as well. Contrived bullshit by the huddle masses. JR just doesn't fire a coach midseason, he never has. He will let coach finish the season, regardless. The logic just doesn't hold water.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

#35 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,435 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ok, this poo is getting retarded. I've seen this argument at least a dozen times now and it's fuging stupid.

Firstly, there's no way to prove that this is the case, and there's literally no evidence that it is, other than you chicken littles wanting to spew vagina juice all over the place.

Secondly, it doesn't make any goddamn logical sense. Why would Rivera be concerned that he might hire someone who could possible serve as an interim HC? He knows that his job is on the line, whether he gets fired midseason (hypothetically because there is a qualified interim in place) or at the end of the season is fuging irrelevant. He's getting paid the same either way and the outcome is the exact same - he's still fired.

JR has to pay his contract to completion, if Rivera wants to make more money he has to coach his way into an extension, not be worried about hiring someone who might replace him during the season. Rivera is concerned about putting the best staff in place to make sure he wins games RIGHT NOW. I guaranfugingtee you that he's not worried about hiring someone that might replace him midseason.

The point is, he's hiring people that, he feels, give him the best chance to win for the season. It doesn't matter if he hired Norv Turner, or fuging Shurmur, if he loses games and has a poo season, the outcome is the same for Rivera - he's a fuging goner.

Mann..

What?

Have you not seen our past 2 seasons

Win meaningless games and his job is safe. Didn't Fox do it? So why can't Rivera get away with it

JR doesn't fire coaches mid-way remember? Well if there's nobody capable of taking over and hopefully leading us to idk a winning season the rest of the way, Rivera can maybe sneak past with that bullshit again, like Fox did

I do believe he's a goner either way, but look who's our owner so anything is damn possible

Rivera signed a 4 year deal, this is his 3rd. Knowing JR, he probably stay his 4th regardless. Lets not pay somebody who's no longer coaching here, OHH GODDDD

#36 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

No where did I say that he was the best candidate. In fact, I think he's a shitty candidate. My point was, that there's .

Like I said, his contract will be paid in full regardless of when he gets fired. He could get fired today or 18 months from now and still make the same amount of money. However, if he still wants to coach the Panthers in the future, he needs to win games and win them immediately. Hiring the coach that he feels gives him the best chance to do just that is what he's going to do.

That "we couldn't fire him because we had no one to run practices" line, is complete malarkey as well. Contrived bullshit by the huddle masses. JR just doesn't fire a coach midseason, he never has. He will let coach finish the season, regardless. The logic just doesn't hold water.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

It's not and I don't.

If "turning away known talent for non-threatening schmucks" is bullshit to your mind, I guess you're going with "can't evaluate or assemble a staff to save his life which may be a contributing factor into his laughable performance as a head coach"?

#37 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,687 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Stay on topic people...

OK can anyone photoshop Cam in a Cowboys uniform?

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Mann..

What?

Have you not seen our past 2 seasons

Win meaningless games and his job is safe. Didn't Fox do it? So why can't Rivera get away with it

JR doesn't fire coaches mid-way remember? Well if there's nobody capable of taking over and hopefully leading us to idk a winning season the rest of the way, Rivera can maybe sneak past with that bullshit again, like Fox did

I do believe he's a goner either way, but look who's our owner so anything is damn possible

Rivera signed a 4 year deal, this is his 3rd. Knowing JR, he probably stay his 4th regardless. Lets not pay somebody who's no longer coaching here, OHH GODDDD

You're not getting the point. He's getting paid either way. Rivera's motivation is to win games, not to protect his job from a hypothetical coaching coup midway through the year. HE"S MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY EITHER WAY.

#39 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

It's not and I don't.

If "turning away known talent for non-threatening schmucks" is bullshit to your mind, I guess you're going with "can't evaluate or assemble a staff to save his life which may be a contributing factor into his laughable performance as a head coach"?

I think he's in between a rock and a hard place. He's had to choose a shitty candidate because he knows that he has to win games. He chose keeping the same system in place and putting trust in Shula to not fug it up, in hopes that he can win games. Versus, bringing in a completely new offensive system (albeit run in the same general scheme) run by a completely new OC that has never worked with the team, knowing that he HAS TO WIN games right off the bat in order to keep his job long term. Which would you choose? It's not as easy as you might think.

#40 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Good thing nobody is panicking, I was really concerned about folks overreacting to Shula becoming OC... phew!

#41 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Dom Capers and George Seifert beg to differ.

Unless Rivera is due to make 6 million dollars next season the way Fox was it isn't a great comparison.

And BTW, Fox won some meaningless games... he also won some meaningful games that gave him equity. Including a Super Bowl appearance in his second season and a NFC championship game in his 4th.

#42 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

New England.

#43 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,717 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Floppin, I dig 99.9% of your posts. But these hires were the easy way out. The organization sees the all star games coming up and the draft after that, this hire and the promotions caused the least amount of ripples. 2013 is an audition year for the coaches and scouts and no coach worth his salt would come into this current Panther situation.

#44 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

I think he's in between a rock and a hard place. He's had to choose a shitty candidate because he knows that he has to win games. He chose keeping the same system in place and putting trust in Shula to not fug it up, in hopes that he can win games. Versus, bringing in a completely new offensive system (albeit run in the same general scheme) run by a completely new OC that has never worked with the team, knowing that he HAS TO WIN games right off the bat in order to keep his job long term. Which would you choose? It's not as easy as you might think.

I was supporting rr until you said you this. Can you say Mike Smith and the Falcon home field advantage in the NFC championship with the help of a first year oc?

#45 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,435 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

You're not getting the point. He's getting paid either way. Rivera's motivation is to win games, not to protect his job from a hypothetical coaching coup midway through the year. HE"S MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY EITHER WAY.

Fired as a HC is not a good thing. If Rivera is fired as HC, what's the odds he'll be a HC somewhere else? I bet that money won't be the same being a coordinator again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com