Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

140 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd like a developmental DT in the fourth

Yeah, that philosophy of addressing the DT position has worked out so well for us.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are looking at value at 14, you pick the hardest guy to replace in free agency due to prohibitive cost at that position. So OT would be in play as would DE, corner, or WR. Of course who is there when we pick and how highly we have them rated will decide with way we go unless we are drafting need instead of BPA. I am most worried about corner this year but I don't have a clue about who might actually be available in free agency and what we will have to spend. But picking a corner in the first 2 rounds is the only way we assure they can come in and contribute right away. Unless you like who we have. WR is definitely a need, the question is when we address it and in what round. Do we look for a contributor or a star.

Posted

Yeah, that philosophy of addressing the DT position has worked out so well for us.

Believe you me, I'd much rather see us get an impact defensive tackle in the first or maybe second, but every time I hope for that in the draft, it never seems to happen. I really, really hope Gettleman can find a way to solve that for us.

Posted

Tavon Austin FTW. I am a fan. I wouldn't not oppose drafting him at the 14.

Posted

Patterson and Terrance Williams are the only WR's I'd be comfortable with in the 1st round.

Posted

While I agree both are fine receivers, Austin has the "IT" factor that people look for in players. His ability is unreal and I really feel like he would be sick in the slot for us. So dangerous with weapons like Smitty, Lafell, Austin, and Olsen.

Posted

Patterson and Terrance Williams are the only WR's I'd be comfortable with in the 1st round.

At 14 neither one them or any wr in this draft is comfortable pick for me.

Posted

Patterson will be a legit top-15 ranked prospect by draft day.

Posted

Patterson will be a legit top-15 ranked prospect by draft day.

How much money do you want to put on that?

I say he doesn't get picked in the top 20.

Posted

How much money do you want to put on that?

I say he doesn't get picked in the top 20.

Would you have put money on AJ Jenkins going in the first round last season?

Like I said in a previous post, his size and speed will force someone to take him in the first round.

I'd put your wallet away.

Posted

How much you got? No way Patterson gets past Buffalo, Miami, and us. And that's not even bringing potential trade-ups into the discussion.

Posted

It seems like everyone that didn't think we needed a WR last year still doesn't this year. I stiil remember the Lafell is going to be a beast argument, the Cam is soo good he will make average receivers better argument...well here we are a year later and same questions. I'm not saying we definitely need someone in round 1(IF th players are there I would like an olineman and a WR in first 2rds) but we need to stop acting like guys we added in the 5th or 6th rd are the answer. If we grab a beast WR this year and then someone on the roster blows up too, that is a good thing not a wasted pick. Rivera has shown he can put a defense together with duct tape and toothpicks...protecting and developing Cam(legit receivers) should be the highest priority on this team. Rivera is a defensive wizard, that's his strongpoint. Lets face it on offense we are going to have to out talent/execute other teams.