Photo
- - - - -

Should doctors be accountable for gun violence?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,479 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

i wouldn't think so, unless the doctor somehow completely screwed up prescriptions or was otherwise grossly negligent to the point of being considered at least marginally accountable.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Parents need to be careful about putting their children on drugs too. Sometimes a psychologist can help young people just by talking to them and helping them understand the triggers that cause depression, but too many people are on these prescription drugs.

I

I definitely understand you point and do believe that many doctors are too quick to prescribe drugs for those who exhibit hyperactivity/depression/etc.

But the doctors are in a very tough spot because everyone evaluates their actions with hindsight.

Kid exhibits depression and the doctor prescribes drugs.....kid flips out and kills someone....doctor is reamed for prescribing drugs.

Kid exhibits depression and the doctor does not prescribes drugs.....kid flips out and kills someone....doctor is reamed for not identifying a problem person and allowing them in society.

The issue is that no one knows enough about the human brain and how it works...or what really causes some of these people to wig out and turn extremely violent.

The doctors are guessing and are in a real catch 22.

I am not sure what the real solution is with mental illness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com