Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The league's only black OC makes it to the Super Bowl....

138 posts in this topic

Posted

so if all OCs were black, you wouldn't be saying a thing defending white people would you?

instead of dealing with unrealistic hypotheticals, how bout we deal with reality. SELF ACTUALIZATION. I know its a scary thing, but we have to do it. The NFL's history of racial bias towards whites in positions of authority isnt debatable. Thats why things like the "Rooney Rule" exist in the first place. There has never been a point in NFL history where every OC was black, hell there's never been a point when you had more than 1 working at a time. There have been years upon years where each and every one of them were white. We've just gotten to the point where its acceptable to believe in a black QB in 2013, 5 years after a black President got elected. Its not about "my defense" its about the NFL's problem. None of these would be issues if the NFL's workforce was majority white (a la Hockey), but that is not the case.

If it makes you feel better, here's a white guy that echoes my same sentiment in an article a few weeks ago....

http://sports.yahoo....-054103279.html

There a white guy said it, so I guess its valid now.

2 people like this

Posted

Well he should be glad that he is going to the Super Bowl regardless of race or color!

Posted

From what some friends at Wake Forest have told me, Jim Caldwell is one of the nicest guys in football. A lot of respect for him there, and all are wishing him well in the Superbowl.

Posted

Peyton Manning did carry Jim Caldwell and the Colts. Much like Peyton Manning carried John Fox and the Broncos this year. Looking at Peyton's history, I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

1 person likes this

Posted

The Ravens' system of firing people who aren't pulling their weight works. Lee Evans drops the game winning pass last year in the AFCC? Gone. Billy Cundiff misses the game tying field goal at the same stage? Gone. Cam Cameron's offense sputtering? Gone.

It's a wonder they're now in the Superbowl just one year later. Gee golly how could promoting accountability possibly result in success?

4 people like this

Posted

...but he wont be a head coach in 2013. LMAO. His 3 years in Indy they go to the Super Bowl his 1st year (14-2), wins the division and get bounced in the 1st round his 2nd (10-6). His QB is out the entire season in year 3, and his organization goes in full "tank" mode (2-14). Then he's fired before he's allowed to "inherit" the new franchise face the following year. Dude did not have a job until Cam Cameron was fired in December. Since then Flacco has been tearing it up, the Baltimore O line has played better, and their offense as a whole is making plays and putting up more yards and points per game. Yet most people will still tell you Jim Caldwell sucks and Peyton "choke artist" Manning carried him. The NFL has got to do better man. They are like 40 years behind the rest of the world.

That's mostly because nobody's going to wait over a month to fill in a head coaching position. What Jim Caldwell's contributed after taking a larger role as the OC and helping the offense score their way to at least a SB berth will put him on the radar for head coaching for at least the next few years.

What do you think about Colin K being in the superbowl?

Posted

If every OC was black, people would just say its because it takes smarts to coach defense, yadda yadda yadda

Posted

Why is it always "color this color that"... Damnit people this is why there's still racism in the world because people can not see each other as equals instead we see each other as one color or the other... I'm so dam sick of this ish

Posted

If every OC was black, people would just say its because it takes smarts to coach defense, yadda yadda yadda

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Posted

I'm much more offended that every black QB is considered a runner.

1 person likes this

Posted

No black brothers have coached against each other in the Super Bowl.

Only white brothers.

This is obviously racism.

3 people like this

Posted

Why is it always "color this color that"... Damnit people this is why there's still racism in the world because people can not see each other as equals instead we see each other as one color or the other... I'm so dam sick of this ish

No black brothers have coached against each other in the Super Bowl.

Only white brothers.

This is obviously racism.

Neither of you responded to KT's point that despite the fact that 80% of the league is black there are very few blacks in authority positions. @rscott94, you are advocating the "head in the sand" approach. Pretending that race and skin color doesn't matter is absurd. Race is still an issue because a lot of people are racist. And@ Kurb if you can't see that the NFL owners have a problem hiring qualified black men to positions of power then you are blind as fug. The only point that KT made I don't agree with is the point that the NFL is 40 years behind; they are not. Most of the world (with the exception of the US and Britain) is racist as poo. And the NFL is actually a pretty good mirror of American society as far as this issue is concerned.

Old white men who amassed the large sums of money required to buy/own a team will hire who they want and will not react well to being forced by the NFL to do anything. They are used to doing what they want. Their attitudes are the problem; why should they hire a qualified black man when they are not comfortable with that and (in their opinion) they can hire an equally competent white man to do that job? I'm not sure how the NFL can fix that.

3 people like this