Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joel Berry Commits to Carolina

149 posts in this topic

Posted

Duke is a one loss number one ranked team in the country. They just landed jabari parker and will dominate again next year. There is no big Duke debate because there is no arguing how good they are, plus none of you holes fans would dare show yourselves in a thread called Duke ranked number one again. So what fun would that be? Sorry we don't feel the need to self promote.

WAS the #1 team in the country. Boom!

2 people like this

Posted

Yes they lost. You are correct. When you shoot poorly you lose. They would have lost to uncc last night.

Posted

Duke looked ROFL last night. That was absolutely pathetic.

Posted

2014 will be insane, we could potentially have Paige, Britt, Berry, and White all on the roster.

Paige and Britt will probably still be here. I could see White transferring being stuck that far back on the depth chart. If we have all 4, then Berry may red shirt with White probably just coming in at the end of the game in blow outs with all the other little white guys.

Posted

Great get for UNC. Roy said he would never get in the position of not having a pg again. They'll all get plenty of minutes. Now to try and get Wiggins.

Posted

Good pick up by the Heels, could see him move up and not down in the overall rankings. He runs the floor well and has a intensity on the defensive end.

Those talking about Hicks moving down, he's still ranked 18th overall in Country and the only reason him and Britt dropped is they didn't play a ton of AAU games over the summer last year. Most of the Rankings haven't updated or anything in over 3 months.

Both play a system that's favored in Carolina and are exceptionally good at running the floor. I have no worries about either one of them, Hicks will definitely be a starter on the team and Britt has a chance to push Paige and will get some good playing time.

New rankings are out and Hicks dropped to #20, Meeks dropped to #50, and Britt has dropped out of the top 100. FWIW.

Posted

Britt dropped because of his knee, he hasn't played at all. Also a lot of the rankings are still based on AAU play from earlier. Hick's has been playing fine for having a new team. Not sure about Meeks falling, kinda expected though.

Knew Britt was dropping, figured Hicks would as well. Britt for Injury and Hicks for having a new team. "Chemistry"

Posted

Britt dropped because of his knee, he hasn't played at all. Also a lot of the rankings are still based on AAU play from earlier. Hick's has been playing fine for having a new team. Not sure about Meeks falling, kinda expected though.

Knew Britt was dropping, figured Hicks would as well. Britt for Injury and Hicks for having a new team. "Chemistry"

Quinn Cook injured his knee his senior year and he didn't drop that far so I am not sure you can blame it entirely on his injury. Plus Jabari has missed some games this year and has been injured and he has maintained his #2 ranking.

Posted

Quinn Cook injured his knee his senior year and he didn't drop that far so I am not sure you can blame it entirely on his injury. Plus Jabari has missed some games this year and has been injured and he has maintained his #2 ranking.

Jabari is a ridiculous prospect and if I remember correctly Cook played quite a bit of AAU games before his injury. I'm not saying they didn't deserve the drops, I'll reserve judgement for once there at Carolina for that. What I'm saying is that the prospect rankings are screwed up to begin with and too much stock is put into AAU play initially. You don't play in AAU over the summer and a prospect can expect to drop 20 spots easily, then you miss your senior season on top of that. I mean it's been over a year since someone's seen Britt play day in day out/ weekly. I was fully expecting him to drop out of the top 100 because of that.

I mean he was borderline 4 star after his Junior season anyways, add an injury to that. Bam! 3 star prospect and not in the top 100 anymore. I'm more worried about his knee then I am his prospect rankings, I fully expect him to be able to come in and play well in Roy's up tempo style of play. Same for Hicks, the up temp style fits his game really well. Really worried about how Meeks will fit in though, he's more a really big 3 with 5 man skills and size. lol.

Posted

Jabari is a ridiculous prospect and if I remember correctly Cook played quite a bit of AAU games before his injury. I'm not saying they didn't deserve the drops, I'll reserve judgement for once there at Carolina for that. What I'm saying is that the prospect rankings are screwed up to begin with and too much stock is put into AAU play initially. You don't play in AAU over the summer and a prospect can expect to drop 20 spots easily, then you miss your senior season on top of that. I mean it's been over a year since someone's seen Britt play day in day out/ weekly. I was fully expecting him to drop out of the top 100 because of that.

I mean he was borderline 4 star after his Junior season anyways, add an injury to that. Bam! 3 star prospect and not in the top 100 anymore. I'm more worried about his knee then I am his prospect rankings, I fully expect him to be able to come in and play well in Roy's up tempo style of play. Same for Hicks, the up temp style fits his game really well. Really worried about how Meeks will fit in though, he's more a really big 3 with 5 man skills and size. lol.

Not sure how much AAU Cook played but he hurt his knee in the Boost mobile Elite 24 game and pretty much played injured when he did make it back to Oak Hill. He was still injured when he got to Duke the next summer so they shut him down and he didn't travel with them to China for the exhibition games.

You seem like a reasonable unc fan so let me ask you are you happy with roy's recruiting as of late? Do you think roy straps his cart to these guys too early? If I were a unc fan I would not be happy with the class that came in this year or the one coming in next year, unless he could pull Wiggins in. Like I said in an earlier post the class of 2014 Jones, and Okafor are practically joined at the hip and want to play college ball together which means unc would lose out on them both. My brother in law is on the staff at Wesleyan and says that Theo Pinson wants to play with Jones and Okafor as well since they all took their visits to Duke and unc together.

Posted

Not sure how much AAU Cook played but he hurt his knee in the Boost mobile Elite 24 game and pretty much played injured when he did make it back to Oak Hill. He was still injured when he got to Duke the next summer so they shut him down and he didn't travel with them to China for the exhibition games.

You seem like a reasonable unc fan so let me ask you are you happy with roy's recruiting as of late? Do you think roy straps his cart to these guys too early? If I were a unc fan I would not be happy with the class that came in this year or the one coming in next year, unless he could pull Wiggins in. Like I said in an earlier post the class of 2014 Jones, and Okafor are practically joined at the hip and want to play college ball together which means unc would lose out on them both. My brother in law is on the staff at Wesleyan and says that Theo Pinson wants to play with Jones and Okafor as well since they all took their visits to Duke and unc together.

I still think Carolina will nab one of the High ranked SF's in the 14 class. Either Pinson, Jackson, Lindsey or Winslow. I'd prefer either Pinson or Jackson but that's just me. UNC also still has a shot at getting Lyles as well. While I'm pretty sure that Jones is out of the question. I don't believe it's a done deal yet with Okafor. Okafor has said he wants to try and play with Jones, but it isn't a definite thing. He's also got about 10 more schools on his list then Jones as well. This year's class was always predicated on if he landed Wiggins or not, IMO. If not it's a down class probably ranked in the 20's overall, if he lands Wiggins it's a top 5 class.

I'm not disappointed at all in the 13 or 14 classes, what I'm disappointed in is that Roy since he's gotten to UNC is recruiting ahead of his needs very well and it seems to be a cycle with him here. Decent for 1 season, good with a possibility of greatness for 2 seasons, then back to decent/NIT type of team. Just not a consistently good-great team in Carolina with him, not that I'm complaining if he wins a NT or makes deep tourney runs every 3-4 seasons. I'd just prefer the team be really good consistently. My only knock on him, is that he must know at this point in his career that he needs a high caliber point guard to run his system and yet knowing that he was loosing Marshall he didn't really go out and get one to replace him.... ????

Edit: As for him recruiting early, yes he does. Sometimes it's going to help him out, other's it's going to blow up in his face. JP falling from the number one player in his class to where he did being one of those instances of it blowing up in his face. I still think JP ends up being the best player from that class though in the long run, just needs to work on his Bball skills.

Posted

Saw a recruit at the game today I believe. No idea who he was though. Whoever it was chose a good game to check out. We got hyped up in the Dome!!