Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are gas prices obama's fault?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

honest question, no rhetoric or snark intended. i had a friend that generally posts inane conservative bullshit (stuff even stirs and G5 would back away from) and today he re-posted something from another batshit crazy guy that basically said "gas prices were $1.84 on 1/20/2008 and they're $3.36 on 1/20/2012. And yet the majority of Americans re-elected this clown."

i asked for clarification, and one of the commenters replied:

Didn't approve the pipeline, moratorium on Gulf drilling, sent billions to Brazil and other countries to develop new drillings and sell it to us, and slowed any recovery enough (now worse) that created a domino effect in higher fuel prices - raising the price of everything dependent on it. He's closed 40% of our coal plants, doubling the average price of electricity, raising that cost of development.

what are your thoughts on this? are there indeed direct correlations between current gas prices and the laundry list of oblunders above? or is there more to it than this?

Posted

$3.36?

It's $3.60 and up in SoCal.

Posted

Mmmm no

ZIRP

But I guess Obama is a Zirp enabler, so in a way he's responsible for not stopping the fed I guess.

Posted

gas-tax_0.jpg

The market's a bit more complex than political talking points.

There was a massive overcorrection right before Obama took office.

Posted

I don't care whose fault it is. All I want is to not have to close an IRA just to fill up my tank

Posted

interesting article on the "war on coal" (even though it's not directly relevant to the question at hand it was brought up by the guy in the OP)

Posted

Unless you want to nuke China and India into the stone age, prices are going to stay similar to where they are and eventually move their way up. The era of cheap gas as a primary fuel source is pretty much done, barring catastrophe.

Posted

No.

Posted

gas-tax_0.jpg

The market's a bit more complex than political talking points.

There was a massive overcorrection right before Obama took office.

interesting. do you have a link for that?

Posted

interesting article on the "war on coal" (even though it's not directly relevant to the question at hand it was brought up by the guy in the OP)

So archaic, heavily polluting coal plants are being replaced by cleaner burning natural gas?

Where's the problem exactly?

Posted

So archaic, heavily polluting coal plants are being replaced by cleaner burning natural gas?

Where's the problem exactly?

you're supposed to read "war on coal" and "obama" in the same sentence and grab your pitchfork

1 person likes this

Posted

Gas prices are fairly easy to research:

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_gnd_dcus_nus_w.htm