Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QB Coach?

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/01/21/3803792/rivera-is-popular-at-senior-bowl.html"]Rivera popular at Senior Bowl[/url]

Prior speculation was that new OC Mike Shula would pull double duty and handle the QB Coach job himself. Person seems to be reversing field here, mentioning it As an open position on the Panthers staff.

There are good candidates out there should the Panthers choose to backfill (see the [url="http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/83002-updated-assistant-coach-options/"]other thread[/url])

Posted · Report post

How about Chris Weinke ! Worked with Cam both seasons and knows the Panthers.

Posted · Report post

Why does no one mention George Whitfield???He said he would be working with cam this offseason and what better way than as his official qb coach?? Look at the jobs he's done with luck, Big Ben and cam among others.. Would love him honestly

Posted · Report post

Consultants don't generally take coaching jobs (and honestly, why should they?)

The best known name out there for QB coaching right now is Jim Zorn. John Ramsdell and Jeremy Bates are also looking for work.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1358875853' post='2110505']
Why does no one mention George Whitfield???He said he would be working with cam this offseason and what better way than as his official qb coach?? Look at the jobs he's done with luck, Big Ben and cam among others.. Would love him honestly
[/quote]i'm not sure he'd want to stop what he's doing now.

i'm sure he's getting paid a lot more what he's doing now and has a lot more freedom/control over his schedule.

pretty sure weinke wouldn't be all that interested leaving what he's doing now, either.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1358875923' post='2110509']
Consultants don't generally take coaching jobs (and honestly, why should they?)

The best known name out there for QB coaching right now is Jim Zorn. John Ramsdell and Jeremy Bates are also looking for work.
[/quote]
i'd be fine with any of them, truthully.

zorn would be great, though.

Posted · Report post

Wait so JR isn't too cheap to pay two guys...isn't that what I heard?

Posted · Report post

Wonder if Todd Marinovich's dad is available.

Posted · Report post

What ever the Panthers do, I really hope they get someone dedicated, who can truly help Cam better his mechanics and delivery (as a general, continual purpose and mission), as opposed to some one--who has a name, or from a relationship, that's competent but more window dressing.

His future is too important to the franchise.

Posted · Report post

Person reporting something that he had no clue was correct or not? I'm shocked!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman' timestamp='1358879703' post='2110599']
Wait so JR isn't too cheap to pay two guys...isn't that what I heard?
[/quote]

Person's initial speculation was that Shula would do both, but the articles on the team site advising of Shula's promotion never really lent any credence to that.

I suppose it's possible, but with Person now talking about us having that as an opening on staff, it sounds less likely.

Posted · Report post

Gabeking asked Person on Twitter if they were hiring a QB coach or letting Shula do both and Person replied "Hiring"