Ron Rivera Dave Gettleman Panther GM Panther Head Coach

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#46 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

He is one, long, run one sentence, being repeated over and over again.

It's a process. He's learning. He doesn't need a former HC to assist him as he 'learned his lessons in year two'.

My problem with a lot of what he says is common sense and he acts like it is a great revalation, 'when Cam got hurt, I didn't go to Cam, I went to the offensive line and said, ''this can't happen' again' '

thank you Captain Obvious....you are the HC...You should not have to have 'two years on the job' to learn to do something like that.

Dear God, I'm actually more concerned now than I was before, like it matters.

#47 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Can someone post a Link when the interview comes online please?

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

lot of strong talking. lot of passion. lot of determination. also a lot of justifying/excuse making.

sounds like he's grown some and i'll probably have to listen to it again to understand him completely because he was talking so fast and my daughter decided she wanted to play with stuff on my desk so i was kind of distracted.

i hope he comes into the season with that much uuumph.

it was a pretty good talk, but right now it's just that...talk and while i know he's concerned about it, he's got to get results...and not barely getting by results, not "growth" but wins. that's all that matters.

#49 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

LOL at Rivera saying Harbaugh did good because he had good players already and he didnt

But it's true and they're more attractive to free agents (Rogers).

I was impressed with him speaking. I had a lot to learn and hopefully he did. I do understand him for choosing Shula, but I just don't agree with it. We'll see what happens.

#50 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

He is one, long, run one sentence, being repeated over and over again.

It's a process. He's learning. He doesn't need a former HC to assist him as he 'learned his lessons in year two'.

My problem with a lot of what he says is common sense and he acts like it is a great revalation, 'when Cam got hurt, I didn't go to Cam, I went to the offensive line and said, ''this can't happen' again' ' is common sense.

thank you Captain Obvious....you are the HC...Dear God, I'm actually more concerned now than I was before, like it matters.

Well what do you want him to say? You'd rather him talk himself down about how shytty of a coach he is the whole time? This is public radio nothing earth shattering ever comes out of these interviews..

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Brandon Beane was his mentor. Interesting.

i'm not sure what to think about that.

#52 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

He doesn't need a former head coach to assist him, lol.

Brandon Beane as his mentor.. What is this, another dimension?

#53 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Brandon Beane was his mentor. Interesting.

He didn't say that or imply that. Beane just said that he should show more emotions instead of keeping it all in. He also spoke with another coaches.

#54 Bigemw28226

Bigemw28226

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Guys...that was a good interview. That was the most passionate I think i've ever heard Rivera before. I think he could tell that Marc was asking his questions in his usual demeaning tone and had enough. I highly recommend everyone listen to it when it gets posted. Gets me pumped for 2013

#55 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well what do you want him to say? You'd rather him talk himself down about how shytty of a coach he is the whole time? This is public radio nothing earth shattering ever comes out of these interviews..

Look, I am a PSL holder. I want this guy to succeed; however, to be in this league this many years and not get the basic concept of how to lead and motivate people, i'm sorry that is really concerning.

If you didn't take it that way, your perogative.

I want him to tell me what he plans to do to make this team better, a team not to be embarrassed on National TV.

I look at his coaching staff compared to the top tier teams in the league and he's not there.

If he's talking about his 'xs and os' well, he'll have a chance against two to the best this year in Harbaugh and Bellinchik. Let's see how he does.

I want a whole lot less run on sentences and a lot more feeling that there is a plan of what they are doing. I dont see it.

#56 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Beane is 6-4 as an interim GM! I think the fans are selling him short in a major way

#57 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

People don't talk up appointment setters! I think given some liberty, beane can help this team out majorly

#58 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 913 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

It was a good interview.

However...he's still on a short leash and has one more year to prove himself. He can take all that stuff he's apparently learned over the past couple of years and put it all to work next season to ensure a playoff spot. It's all or nothing for him...anything less than a wildcard spot and that's it.

#59 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

muthafugin justin bieber... fugin' up traffic in charlotte. =\

#60 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Look, I am a PSL holder. I want this guy to succeed; however, to be in this league this many years and not get the basic concept of how to lead and motivate people, i'm sorry that is really concerning.

If you didn't take it that way, your perogative.

I want him to tell me what he plans to do to make this team better, a team not to be embarrassed on National TV.

I look at his coaching staff compared to the top tier teams in the league and he's not there.

If he's talking about his 'xs and os' well, he'll have a chance against two to the best this year in Harbaugh and Bellinchik. Let's see how he does.

I want a whole lot less run on sentences and a lot more feeling that there is a plan of what they are doing. I dont see it.

What happens in the locker room and how he leads his players has nothing to do with what he says to the local media...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ron Rivera, Dave Gettleman, Panther GM, Panther Head Coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com