JaMarcus Russell, 308 Pounds, Returning to NFL

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#71 rscott94

rscott94

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russel. The reason why? Ryan was not turned into a mockery like Russel was over his weaknesses. He was given endless changes to get his act together. He just kepr screwing up and left the NFL on his own. The sentiments surrounding Ryan seems more on the level of disappointed and not simple a desire to ridicule and mock like in the case of Russel.

The only reason I've turned it that way was because there has been so many threads about "discrimination". So I apologize if you didn't mean it like that. But the only reason Leaf would possibly get a better chance than Russel would is because he's in better shape than him. I really hope JaMarcus can turn this around and shock the world but I can't help to doubt him since he let himself get up to 3+ bills.

#72 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

Blessed.

• LocationTre 4, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

he was 320lbs. He came out saying he dropped 12 lbs and was ready for an NFL return. Why wouldn't he get into playing shape before he came out and said he wanted to return. He is not serious about this.

Honestly, this is how I feel. If he was/is serious about returning, he can't be 300+ pounds; especially at QB. Get down to 250-260, then come back with the return talk. I hope he comes back, though

#73 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

ESPN is a joke, but every now and then their talking heads make a good point between discussing actual sports. Yesterday, Schelereth basically said the same thing BWTRG and Aggie Lean just said on NFL Live. They asked him what he thought of Russell's prospects and he said, "You've been working with these people since September supposedly, and you've lost 12 lbs.? Nothing says you're ready to make a comeback than dropping from 320 to 308 in 4 months." He completely blasted him...

#74 panthernation23

panthernation23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

You want me to make a list of all of the players before him that did this? Murderers got second chances in the NFL. Cut him some slack.

k, name 10 guys that were paid 40+ mil guaranteed and lasted 2 or 3 years in the league.

#75 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

As much as we bitch about hurney, can you imagine this place if we drafted Jamarcus over Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson?

#76 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'd sign him.

I'd just tell him to give the Raiders back the $39 million dollars he stole first.

#77 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Jets lol

looks like my prediction might be coming true:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Jets have had "some very exploratory, informal discussions" regarding ex-Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell.

Russell, of course, was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and has been out of the league since 2009. However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that Russell is planning to show his face at the NFL Scouting Combine next month in hopes of making a comeback. Russell is currently tipping the scales at 305 pounds, but hopes to get down to his past playing weight of around 260. The Star-Ledger says these talks happened after Mike Tannenbaum was fired, but it's unclear if John Idzik was in the fold, yet. Only the Jets. Jan 28 - 10:45 PM

http://www.rotoworld...4154/player?r=1

#78 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Good luck to JaMarcus and Vince. Bums like Leaf, Leinart, Carr, and Couch got 2nd and 3rd chances, good to see JaMarcus get his. IMO, he wil put up 4000 yards passing, 20+ TDs, and 700 rushing yards because him and Cam are basically one in the same.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

lol russell and newton are one in the same?

wow.

#80 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Yes, Cam is another JaMarcus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users