30 replies to this topic

#31 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

It would be great if we could trade back in round 1, getting a round 3 pick
Pick 1 : LT (Fluker, Johnson.. should be available late round 1, haven't watched any of them yet, so won't decide which one)
Pick 2 : WR (Patton, Patterson or Allen would be huge mid round 2...)
Pick 3 : CB (This seems to be a deep CB draft, we should have some value in round 3).

Fluker would not be bad, he has tremendous arm length (87 inch wingspan; 36 inches long) but they say he is a bit sluggish to play LT. I don't know that losing 30 lbs Would not cure that. If I am wrong, he could still play RT and possibly RG.

I personally think that if we trade back, Johnson is going to the Rams at 16. I think a lot of people do not think he is ready to start, but I think his pass-blocking skills are on point now. He needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle, but he is high character and will work. If we keep Gross for another season, then you can wait until the third and take a guy like Quessenberriy, a guy few know about, but he looked solid in drills. Needs to add 20 lbs.

I am afraid Patton Patterson and Allen will be gone when we pick.

CB is deep, but I think starters will be gone by about pick 50. I think we can grab a nickel corner in the third or fourth.

Just my thoughts. Love the personnel you are thinking about though--we all seem to be on the same page. (I think we draft a DT late and get one in free agency)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com