• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

i need a full auto with a 100 round drum because I use a .22 rimfire to hunt bears.

ya...I just had that same thought...if you are out playing with the bears and that's what you are carrying, perhaps you deserve to be mauled!!!!

#17 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,874 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

If the police need them, then I want them.

#18 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ok so what happens the next time a mass shooting tragedy happens? They will just keep whittling away until you are unarmed. At what point do they stop?

#19 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

i need a full auto with a 100 round drum because I use a .22 rimfire to hunt bears.

What are you trying to do? Piss it off?

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

What are you trying to do? Piss it off?

just trying to get some bear arms.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,790 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I need 10 rounds for when I am at the shooting range out back in the woods with my buddies and I get too drunk to reload.

#22 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Founding fathers got 3-4 rounds off a minute. Beat that bitches!

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,790 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thats not bad for a bunch of lawyers and plantation owners.

#24 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Rights are granted...they CAN be taken away. The constitution isn't something that CAN'T be changed. It can, with enough people in positions of power deciding to do it.

That being said, the 2nd Amendment says you have the right to own a gun. That is granted to you by the government. It doesn't outline which types of guns/ammo you can't own....but it doesn't say, "you can own any type of gun you want". As far as what guns you own....that is up to what the government decides. No civilian needs an AR/M4/HK416, M16, etc. People who are pissed about this literally have no other argument other than the 7 year old child argument of "BUT I WANT IT!".

#25 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,790 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lets make this easy:

The First Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So:

1. Can you establish a religion where, say, bigamy is OK because you have a religious reason to do it?
2. Can you yell "fire!" in a crowded theater?
3. Can you publicly say anything you like about someone you don't like to try and hurt them whether or not it's true? Can the press do this?
3. Can you peaceably assemble in the middle of a military base to protest a war or something?

This should give you an idea of how the Constitution actually works when you are interested in more than keeping your fancy toys.

#26 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Rights are granted...they CAN be taken away. The constitution isn't something that CAN'T be changed. It can, with enough people in positions of power deciding to do it.

That being said, the 2nd Amendment says you have the right to own a gun. That is granted to you by the government. It doesn't outline which types of guns/ammo you can't own....but it doesn't say, "you can own any type of gun you want". As far as what guns you own....that is up to what the government decides. No civilian needs an AR/M4/HK416, M16, etc. People who are pissed about this literally have no other argument other than the 7 year old child argument of "BUT I WANT IT!".

False. We are born with our rights and they can not be taken away. Hence the inalienable part. I'm glad you're ok with the government deciding what is best for you and your family. Maybe they should establish a state religion and make you convert. Hey, they know what's best.

#27 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

"you can own any type of gun you want".

That is exactly what it says. You know the legal definition of infringement right?

#28 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

False. We are born with our rights and they can not be taken away. Hence the inalienable part. I'm glad you're ok with the government deciding what is best for you and your family. Maybe they should establish a state religion and make you convert. Hey, they know what's best.

People can say that you're born with "rights", but you're not. Rights are something that are granted to you by somebody else. Hence why we need a constitution that specifically outlines which rights we ARE granted.

It's not about the government deciding what is best for me and my family. It's about what the government's job is. We have the right to own guns. According to the 2nd Amendment, saying "you cannot own a gun" to American citizens is unconstitutional. Agreeable? OK .Where does it say ANY gun? Where does it say you can own whatever gun you want?

Again, just like "freedom of speech". You can say whatever you want, within reason. You have the freedom to say you disagree with the president in public. You do not have the right to say you are going to attack him or his family. This thing with guns is LITERALLY no different at all. You can own guns...just not automatic/semi-automatic weapons. Which is fair and reasonable.

#29 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

That is exactly what it says. You know the legal definition of infringement right?

No, it does not say that. Nobody is taking away from the 2nd Amendment at all. You have the right to keep and bear arms for a well-regulated militia. Should people also be allowed to own RPGs then? I mean, it's a firearm, right?

#30 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

It's not about the government deciding what is best for me and my family. It's about what the government's job is. We have the right to own guns. According to the 2nd Amendment, saying "you cannot own a gun" to American citizens is unconstitutional. Agreeable? OK .Where does it say ANY gun? Where does it say you can own whatever gun you want?

It says you can own ANY gun because of the use of the word infringed. To say that I cannot own a .50 caliber machine gun is infringing on my right to KEEP arms. To say I can't carry it down the street is infringing on my right to BEAR arms.

Is that ridiculous? Yes. The second amendment is terribly written.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.