Photo
- - - - -

panthers were offering coaching candidates 1 year deals...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

then just fire rivera if you don't want to commit to filling the staff with the best candidates possible

#62 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

seriously everything is SOOOO SLLLOOWWWWW MOOOOVVVINNNGGG with this franchise it's sickening.

#63 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Everyone is talking nice right now but you know Gettlemen want his own staff. This is an evaluation year for this team.

Evaluate the team from last years tape.
Make a decison and pull the damned trigger.

#64 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

It doesn't. Given the situation, it's not that shocking.

Worth remembering that both Hue Jackson and Pat Shurmur were willing to take those offers.

Toub? Don't think we had a realistic shot at him. Reid was a bigger draw.

The only guy I wonder about really being bothered by it is Bobby April.

Jackson and Shurmur indicated they were ready to take 1 year deals from the Panthers?

#65 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Now when Browns and Raiders fans diss us we have no retort...

JR runs a pathetic organization, such a joke. One that has long since run dry.

#66 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ain't nobody got time for that.

#67 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think the funniest thing will be to see if Rivera strings out a playoff birth, keeps his job, and gets an extension. I think there's a big chunk of people who will have a hard to virtually impossible time convincing themselves Ron is good even if the team starts winning more and gets into the playoffs.

This will be an interesting season to say the least.

I think when Rivera starts winning games that matter those people myself included will be convinced he is good. At this point he has won a few more games then our worst coach in history.

#68 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I feel the same way. Not high enough expectations are set for this team.

#69 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

This is what Gettlemen is supposed to be best at. Evaluate talent, and make decisions. Hopefully we have a guy that knows how get it right. Would be nice to be on the right track again.

#70 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I feel the same way. Not high enough expectations are set for this team.

Expectations were pretty high at the start of the year. Most of the frustration round here stems from those expectations not being met.

Going to be interesting to see the mood of this place after Gettlemen has made a few decisions on players.

#71 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,945 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Once the decision was made to keep Rivera (which I think was the right call) would it make sense to offer anything other than a 1 year contract?

Maybe some Free Bojangles?

#72 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Maybe some Free Bojangles?

I've bartered for less.

#73 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

What a fuging joke.

Figure out if where you want to go, make a damn decision. If RR is your long term solution, a guy you think you can win with and get you a championship then act like it. If not, go ahead and fire him and get someone else. You don't just say, oh well Rivera "earned one more season." F*CK THAT. He's either your guy or he isn't.

It seems like this organization is content throw an entire season down the drain just to have more time to evaluate a guy that we've all seen more than enough of to make a decision on.

With a roster that's won 13 games in the last 2 seasons, a horrible cap situation, limited draft picks and a very uninspiring coaching staff I don't have much hope for 2013 TBH. I expect more of the same ole craptacular Panthers football. 6-8 wins sounds about right. Then MAYBE we can finally completely clean house and get some competent people here like we should of done what? 3 or 4 years ago? BLEH this sh-t pisses me off.

#74 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Its was never about money people

That is the sad part about the whole situation. I can deal with a cheap owner but an incompetent one just frustrates the hell out of me!

#75 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,945 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

What a fuging joke.

Figure out if where you want to go, make a damn decision. If RR is your long term solution, a guy you think you can win with and get you a championship then act like it. If not, go ahead and fire him and get someone else. You don't just say, oh well Rivera "earned one more season." F*CK THAT. He's either your guy or he isn't.

It seems like this organization is content throw an entire season down the drain just to have more time to evaluate a guy that we've all seen more than enough of to make a decision on.

With a roster that's won 13 games in the last 2 seasons, a horrible cap situation, limited draft picks and a very uninspiring coaching staff I don't have much hope for 2013 TBH. I expect more of the same ole craptacular Panthers football. 6-8 wins sounds about right. Then MAYBE we can finally completely clean house and get some competent people here like we should of done what? 3 or 4 years ago? BLEH this sh-t pisses me off.

The above post is the fugging truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.