Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game 4: Carolina Hurricanes (1-2) @ Buffalo Sabres (2-1)

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Ellis played great in net tonight, very impressed. Both Staal's can control the for-checking, Jordon needs to stop the penalties but he looks very good so far. A lot more excited about the season after these 2 games then the first 2

Posted

Chantel looks hot in glasses.

Posted

Big win for us because it bumped us all the way to 8th. Go Canes!!!

Posted

finally found a decent stream to watch the canes. Skinner had one the most impressive EN goals ive seen in a long while! GO CANES!

Posted

Three Stars

1. Jay Harrison (Car) (1 goal, 1 assist)

2. Dan Ellis (Car) (40 saves, .976 save %)

3. Ryan Miller (Buf)

Goal 1: Alexander Semin (1) (Assist: Jordan Staal)

Goal 2: Jay Harrison (1) (Assist: Eric Staal)

Goal 3: Jeff Skinner (4) (Assists: Tim Gleason, Jay Harrison)

Point Leaders

Jeff Skinner (4 goals, 4 points)

Eric Staal (3 goals, 1 assist, 4 points)

Jordan Staal (4 assists, 4 points)

Go Canes!!!

Posted

Grrr!! Fell asleep during the second intermission!

Good to see Semin get his first goal. :)

Posted

I was out and wasn't able to watch the game. Did Ellis look as good as the stat line showed? 40 saves is impressive.

Posted

I was out and wasn't able to watch the game. Did Ellis look as good as the stat line showed? 40 saves is impressive.

Through the first two periods he was amazing. Didn't see the goal he let in, but one goal and 40 saves is top shelf for a guy who is supposed to be a back-up. He made at least 10 saves that he probably shouldn't have.

Posted

Through the first two periods he was amazing. Didn't see the goal he let in, but one goal and 40 saves is top shelf for a guy who is supposed to be a back-up. He made at least 10 saves that he probably shouldn't have.

This is what I like to see. A guy who has to prove himself doing more than he should. I hope his confidence continues and we keep giving him looks.

Posted

Awesome game.

Things I loved:

1. Gleason treating Ott like a rag doll and then showing mercy on the prick. Ott tried to give Faulk a really dirty hit with his right hand/end of the stick but mostly missed, thankfully. Gleason instigated but someone had to. He owned.

2. Semin's first goal, sniper anyone?

3. Masterful performance by Ellis in net.

4. Great long goal by Harrison.

5. Skinner making a powerful move and showing strenght on what I would call a difficult empty net goal.

6. Semin's passing in front of goal. I didn't see this coming with all the selfish criticism. He is sick. He is actually too sick. Canes teammates are never ready for his passes but that will change.

7. Physical presence of Staal brothers.

Things I didn't like:

1. We need to convert more of these break away's. I can deal with it going off the post but I am not ok with not getting a shot off on a breakaway.

2. Faulk injury in period 2....haven't seen an update as to status yet...

Posted

Faulk is day to day with an upper body concern

Posted

Out of all the signings (including Jordan Staal's), the Semin signing is what excited me the most. I still remember when he was with Washington and destroyed us on many occasions. The guy can be an offensive explosion once he gets more comfortable.