Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I no longer give a crap what conservatives want or think

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

right, but he is on the wacko fringe, while the sentiment expressed in the OP is mainstream (or at least a significant percentage of individuals.) therein lies the difference.

^^^ since we are talking about the wacko fringe.

Posted

again, the difference is that one comprises an entire voting bloc catered to by a political party while the other is laughed off.

Posted

again, the difference is that one comprises an entire voting bloc catered to by a political party while the other is laughed off.

Not really...Michelle Williams made that PSA before the RNC in Tampa. Has nothing to do with the election or a certain voting bloc correct?

Edit: If I recall correctly, Romney was pulling ahead of Obama slightly before the Tampa RNC. Don't quote me on that though.

Posted

right, but he is on the wacko fringe, while the sentiment expressed in the OP is mainstream (or at least a significant percentage of individuals.) therein lies the difference.

What are you basing that supposition on?

Posted

bingo

Posted

btw fair warning DD will inform you that the ratio of ignorant people in both parties, factions, etc. are exactly 1:1

Posted

And the good Sheikh will inform you that his side is right and the other side is wrong, and will post random facebook chats and links to buzzword definitions to back up his opinion.

Posted

And the good Sheikh will inform you that his side is right and the other side is wrong, and will post random facebook chats to back up his opinion.

Are you not informing us that you are right and I am wrong?

Are you not trying to pull random examples from the internet to back up your opinion?

ffs

Posted

Not gonna lie.. that scared the poo outta me. Not because I'm White, not because I feel threatened. But because I honestly did not realize such fringe groups were out there in today's day and age. Since the other side in the KKK is probably just as bad, I'm beginnning to really lose hope in humanity, and that's what's truly fearsome. I'd have thought we'd all evolved a little more than that.

Call me cracker and honky all you want... those are just words that I could not care less about. To honestly speak of raising up armies for the sole purpose of butchering a different ethnicity is absolutely disgusting, frightening, and mostly... saddening. I was raised to believe people are people, and are good for the most part. They fall into two categories - people who are cool, and people who are assholes, and that's how I view the world.

I know some folks will now call me naiive, but I don't want to believe in a world where someone can hate for so little prompting of just a different skin color (or political belief, for that matter). I don't hate anyone.. not even those who have done me wrong over the years. I don't exactly love everyone either, but I refuse to waste my so little time and energy on this planet being consumed by hate. Why?? Why do this?? It's such a fuging waste...

Posted

lots of edits in that audio track.

Posted

Are you not informing us that you are right and I am wrong?

Are you not trying to pull random examples from the internet to back up your opinion?

ffs

Sure we all try to back up our beliefs and opinions. And I have no doubt conservatives have a vocal group of extremist who would be better served to keep their opinions to themselves. I just don't understand why its hard to admit that the other side also has a vocal group of extremist. As far as the ratio of crazies on both sides of the aisle, none of us really know what that ratio is.