• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,961 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

you basically described your congress. thats where the new health care plan came from. rather than something smart, they just threw crap together, didn't really vet it and threw out for public consumption.

In fairness, I do think that they tried to put something better together, but republicans and some democrats balked at some of the provisions, so all we got was that which survived.

#77 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Not gonna lie.. that scared the poo outta me. Not because I'm White, not because I feel threatened. But because I honestly did not realize such fringe groups were out there in today's day and age. Since the other side in the KKK is probably just as bad, I'm beginnning to really lose hope in humanity, and that's what's truly fearsome. I'd have thought we'd all evolved a little more than that.

Call me cracker and honky all you want... those are just words that I could not care less about. To honestly speak of raising up armies for the sole purpose of butchering a different ethnicity is absolutely disgusting, frightening, and mostly... saddening. I was raised to believe people are people, and are good for the most part. They fall into two categories - people who are cool, and people who are assholes, and that's how I view the world.

I know some folks will now call me naiive, but I don't want to believe in a world where someone can hate for so little prompting of just a different skin color (or political belief, for that matter). I don't hate anyone.. not even those who have done me wrong over the years. I don't exactly love everyone either, but I refuse to waste my so little time and energy on this planet being consumed by hate. Why?? Why do this?? It's such a fuging waste...

Meh... Look at it this way, there are over 300 million of us running around this particular piece of real estate thus some are bound to be batpoo crazy & filled with hate. If there were 50,000 (and I would guess that number is grossly inflated) that wanted a race war, it sounds like a lot until you figure that it's about 0.016% of the population.

#78 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,270 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

yeah my point on health care is there were opposing sides the whole time, past and present and eventually they just said here, lets at least do something.

that was to cantrells point about poo policy for the sake of showing compromise per se.

#79 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

you basically described your congress. thats where the new health care plan came from. rather than something smart, they just threw crap together, didn't really vet it and threw out for public consumption.

a vast majority of congressional representatives (and their constituents btw) were uninterested in a public option or single payer healthcare, and both the democratic party and the republican party entered negotiation with a virtual agreement on a mandate (whether you believe republican and democratic politicking after the fact or not), explicitly excluding several options which were likely better policy decisions than "everybody give money to private insurance companies right now or else." neither side was proposing something particularly interesting or effective, and those in the middle of these two sides were a special kind of stupid.

#80 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

1/10.

#81 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

http://www.ctpost.co...p?cmpid=twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.