Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FootballMaestro

Informative Dave Gettleman Article In Observer

17 posts in this topic

I think because JR gave Rivera another shot, Gettleman will give Rivera reign over the coaching staff for his 3rd year (keep in mind, 3 years is the expected gold standard for coaches/qbs/etc to really turn things around). Considering Rivera has improved this team every year, he might as well allow Rivera to keep his plan in place and if there is no progress this year(aka, playoffs) it's Gettleman's turn to implement his long term plan + staff.

Makes sense (even though some of us may not agree with it, and/or see your original scenario in the post you made after, regarding low vs high expectations on a fan base).

Fans can indeed be impatient. However, at this point/stage, you just have to hope for the best, regarding the players, coach, GM and season. There's nothing protesters can do now. I'm hoping for a great, exciting season.

Go Panthers!! LOL

Read that this morning.

This part caught my eye...

By 8 a.m., Gettleman would be in front of coach Tom Coughlin and his staff to go over the scouting report. During the sit-downs with Coughlin – especially when Gettleman would meet with Coughlin about free agents – Gettleman did not back down from the cantankerous coach, according to Accorsi.

“He was never territorial. It was never about Dave and his ego,” Accorsi said. “But he also would stand his ground … and Coughlin is no shrinking violet. He’s a tough guy and he makes you earn your conviction.”

Polian said former Bills coach Marv Levy always respected Gettleman – in large part because of his preparedness.

“When you’re dealing with analysis and facts, it’s a lot easier to have a conversation than with someone saying, ‘I like this guy.’ It’s a marked difference,” Polian said. “(Gettleman) doesn’t deal in cliches. He deals in straight-down-the-line, factual analysis.”

That makes me think if he gets any push from another "cantankerous old man" he won't just back down.

2 people like this

Thanks for taking the time big homie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdzG1VWT54g

Mighty gracious of you. You actually did post the article first. This one is not an analysis per se, but a better synopsis for people who don't want to read. I gave you both pie. Graciousness in the Huddle is at a premium.

Synopsis* I knew that.. :P but yeah haha thank you and people seem to take this a bit too seriously at times lol

I think, that this is a great thread. nice, article. thank, you. pi,e.