Photo
- - - - -

Starting Insanity Next Week

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

So how good of shape was she in when she started? I need to start something and with work travel, the kids activities, etc going to the gym is not realistic at this point in my life. I watched the infomercial last night and it looks hard but would be convenient to do in the garage.

Well she had taken a break for about a month after finishing her third round of P90X, so naturally she packed on several pounds during that time and of course it takes no time to fall out of shape. She, like you, has no time for a gym with our 21 month old daughter so the 35-45 minute workouts are perfect to fit in during afternoon nap time and still be able to accomplish some housework, etc.

The beauty of Insanity is that, unlike P90X, there's no big investment in weights and resistance bands. Pure cardio and using your own body weight for resistance. Therefore, it doesn't take much room to do it.

By no means was she completely out of shape, but she did struggle for the first week getting back into the groove and Insanity is no doubt intense from the warm up onward.

#26 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Interesting. That's pretty much what I'm looking for.

#27 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

I just ordered it.

#28 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Off the record, I got both P90X and both Insanity and Insanity Asylum for free via the interwebs. Yeah, I'm going to hell....or jail.

#29 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Guess that's on the record.

#30 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

I paid for mine so I offset your freebie. You're off the hook.

#31 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

SCP, you can do it man. But, just remember to pace yourself the first week or so.

I have Insanity, and I've meant to start it back repeatedly over the last month or so, but I keep getting caught up with other things and my motivation is inconsistent. BUT, as long as you are motivated and stick with it, you got it man. As long as you know it's going to be tough, go in and pace yourself. That first week, know when to give yourself a few mins to catch up and then get back in it. After the first week, your body catches up. But, that first week always has me walking around like an 80 year old man.

#32 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

10 weeks into doing a psuedo p90x/insanity combo workout. To bad I'm so fuging pale that it washes out all definition. I need some damn sun.

Posted Image

#33 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm phsyced. I played football through college so I'm used to the intense workouts but definitely have some nerves about the first time jumping in. I'm more worried to see if I still have that mental edge to ignore the pain. I had it last summer in a bike race that I road in, but we shall see. Its so easy to find excuses not to do stuff nowadays so that is a new battle i will have to fight. This will be great cause I can take it on the road and do it while I'm in my hotel room.