Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIGCHI222

Who is more important...Luke or Cam?

49 posts in this topic

A lot of people are gonna say the QB is the most important position, and it's a valid point of view.

My team building philosophy has always been that the lines should be addressed first, so I'll differ some.

are you kidding me

You can find good NFL lbs working in your local walgreens.

This is a stupid question.

Having an elite NFL QB is your ticket to a yearly shot at the super bowl. Having an elite NFL LB puts you in a hotly contested debate with fans of all the other 20 teams who didn't make the post season every January about whose LB is best rather than watching the teams with elite QBs battle it out for the big game

It's like asking if you'd rather have a tree that makes gold or a 5 dollar bill. Dumbest question I've seen on here in some time.

2 people like this

Cam and it's not even close. Hell, it's not even a question.

It doesn't surprise me, that Panther fans that haven't had an elite qb til cam, are going to lean towards the quarterback. the Panthers have also been blessed with great linebackers. So they feel it is easy to come across stud middle linebackers. They don't know any different. Ask teams that struggle to field good defense.

Without a doubt, the single most important position on the field is the QB. I don't see Goodell putting a gun to our head and making us choose to take that in lieu of anything else though.

Oh god, late night drunk posting couldn't get any worse.

If you don't think QB is the most important position on the field you need to stop watching football.

A lot of people are gonna say the QB is the most important position, and it's a valid point of view.

My team building philosophy has always been that the lines should be addressed first, so I'll differ some.

But the question is not asking how to build a team. It's wether to choose a high calibur Qb or a high calibur MLB. Obviously both is optimal, but that doesn't answer the hypothetical.

I'm willing to bet you'll find quite a bit higher reg/ playoff win percentage with teams with high calibur Qb but not MLB, then the reverse.

If you don't think QB is the most important position on the field you need to stop watching football.

lol

Nobody is arguing otherwise.

Still gotta have defense to win championships.

Can't argue against history.

Ask the Saints if defense matters (and they had one of the league's best QBs)

But the question is not asking how to build a team. It's wether to choose a high calibur Qb or a high calibur MLB. Obviously both is optimal, but that doesn't answer the hypothetical.

I'm willing to bet you'll find quite a bit higher reg/ playoff win percentage with teams with high calibur Qb but not MLB, then the reverse.

Team building is my framework for the question.

Mind you, there's no way I'd minimize the importance of the QB spot, but I don't like an unbalanced approach to roster building. And like I said, I build from the lines first.