#1 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

It will be very interesting to see the media comments, if any, surrounding Williams' blatant shove and the subsequent blind-eye... didn't even get a personal foul flag (there was one thrown, but on a different player and not by that ref). I don't even recall hearing it mentioned by the announcers after the fact. We all understand that the league isn't really interested in removing stars from the game on the biggest stages, but I was shocked at the total lack of reaction.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,590 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

I was very surprised at this too... the ref didn't even throw a flag. I thought that was an ejectable offense? Smitty was ejected once for just TOUCHING a ref... Williams flat out shoved that guy.

#3 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,574 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

The Ray Ray retiring and ascension to heaven is a better story to sell than a guy named Colin winning it all in year 1 as a starter.

#4 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I just remember the poo that Cam received and how big of an issue was made when he touched Boger. It just shows that the media does have a agenda. They turned a blind eye to that push by Williams. I was rooting for the Ravens and was like Oh Poo he just got ejected. I guess the refs can be overwhelmed at the Superbowl just like players.

#5 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

After all the flags (and a couple of hats) that were thrown in that fight, the fact that Williams wasn't sent to the locker room was only one of the things that I was amazed by. I was forced to wonder if they tell the refs that ejection is only to be used in the most blatant of cases.

#6 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

After all the flags (and a couple of hats) that were thrown in that fight, the fact that Williams wasn't sent to the locker room was only one of the things that I was amazed by. I was forced to wonder if they tell the refs that ejection is only to be used in the most blatant of cases.

That was pretty blatant.

#7 hitman80

hitman80

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Posted Image

And people claim that if you touch a ref, it is an automatic penalty.

#8 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

It's still real to me, damnit.

#9 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Well, it's obvious that shoving/touching a referee is not grounds for ejection in the eyes of the media unless of course it's that laptop stealing, selfish towel wearing, $cam Newton of ours.

duh...

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,845 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Lots of things that might have drawn flags in other games didn't last night. It'd help to know if he said anything to the ref and if so, what (like say "watch out"). Regardless, he'll probably get fined.

Speculation that the Ravens might not be able to keep Williams next season, by the way. I'd definitely hope Gettleman checks him out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.