Steve Smith knocks the read option...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

time isnt the only variable, its space and speed also. . and furthermore its vector and not speed, there is a difference.

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

#102 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

It's a change up.
Anything done too much is easy to counter.

It should be part of our offense, not the basis of our offense.

Yep. The reason we struggled early was because Chud was running that stuff almost as our base look. It works better as a suprise play 4-5 times a game IMO.

#103 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Do I have to explain why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better than an outsider like Trent Dilfer? this is ridiculous. But then again Steve is "me" first right. He doesnt want the team to succeed, he just wants to pad his stats so he can retire with some glorious stats.

Yeah. I would love for you to explain it. Thanks!!

#104 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

Picture this. Would a RB getting a handoff straight to the desired location be faster than a RB having to wait for the QB to read the defense, stopping still, be faster? Hmmmm....this is getting borderline retarded.

#105 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Honestly, regardless of how anyone on here feels about it, a guy like Smith expressing this much disdain for it doesn't speak well of its chances for being seen as much next year.

Even gore said he didn't like it at first until he starts racking up 100 yards a game with little effort. If Smith doesn't shut up with his old ass he might find himself in the chopping block to clear up cap space. The only time I hear about Smith is when he is whining about something.

#106 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• LocationSouth Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Anyone else notice out version of it was so much slower than WAS or SF

more like an all around shittier version

#107 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• LocationSouth Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Seeing those teams play it is obvious to me:

1. We do not have the Oline we need. Not even close.
2. Our secondary is god fuging awful
3. We have no recievers, Lafell should be competiting for #3, not our best option at #2 (besides an aging smitty who really needs a Welker/slot/#2 type role) Complete neglect at wr.
4. We have no coaching
5. Our run game spending has hurt us more than anything since we have Cam
6. JR sucks, you know I had to

#108 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Picture this. Would a RB getting a handoff straight to the desired location be faster than a RB having to wait for the QB to read the defense, stopping still, be faster? Hmmmm....this is getting borderline retarded.

Well in a read option that shouldn't happen. The RB should be lined up to the side and slightly behind the QB. The QB is supposed to just turn, read the DE or linebacker, and either give or keep, all without the RB breaking stride.

In the scenario you just presented the QB would not be making a quick enough read if it is that slow to develop. Thus they wouldn't be running it right.

#109 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

The fact that a defense somewhat stopped it for a certain amount of time in one game doesn't prove anything.

I don't understand that logic either. Maybe they know something you and I don't.

#110 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well in a read option that shouldn't happen. The RB should be lined up to the side and slightly behind the QB. The QB is supposed to just turn, read the DE or linebacker, and either give or keep, all without the RB breaking stride.

In the scenario you just presented the QB would not be making a quick enough read if it is that slow to develop. Thus they wouldn't be running it right.

I must be watching a different team than you. 95% of the time, there is a pause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users