Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The case to acquire Titus Young...

88 posts in this topic

Posted

Great guy.

Smitty is too. Your point?

As far as LaFell goes? Young has been more productive with better talent round him in two years than LaFell. So no, LaFell isn't better than young. Again I'm talking Talent wise. Not Character.

Posted

sounds like smitty.

Smitty wants to win, I can't recall him lining up on in the wrong spot on purpose, hurting the team.

1 person likes this

Posted

Smitty is too. Your point?

As far as LaFell goes? Young has been more productive with better talent round him in two years than LaFell. So no, LaFell isn't better than young. Again I'm talking Talent wise. Not Character.

Standout player.

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

Posted

Hell no.

The kid was a kid in college. The kid is still a kid in the pro. Hell nAh!!!

89 will be tearing that boy up in practices

Posted

Smitty wants to win, I can't recall him lining up on in the wrong spot on purpose, hurting the team.

nate burleson said on an interview with nfl.com that titus wants to win really bad and has high confidence in his ablities.lining up in the wrong spot is not right, but the guy was frustrated.

Posted

LOL, Jt, no matter what you quote. You only need to look at Steve Smith. How much of a headache has he been and how immature he was during the start of his career, until now. I'm sure Titus can relate more to Smith being from around the same area, being a small wide receiver, probably questioned for his height like smith.

We all write off Smith's mishaps for the passion he shows and has for the game. Not doing the same for other players that show the same mannerisms as smith would be asinine.

There isn't anything lost with giving Young a chance, pick him up for under a million, 550k to be exact. Ride out his contract. Let him know this his fresh start and we don't want any Lions incidents. The minute he doesn't comply, you cut him. That's it.

To me this is a no brainer. He'd be instantly a #2 here. I'm not too sure he'd be a #1 but the jury is still out on that matter in my opinion.

Posted

Ft3hkMy.jpg
3 people like this

Posted

LOL, Jt, no matter what you quote. You only need to look at Steve Smith. How much of a headache has he been and how immature he was during the start of his career, until now. I'm sure Titus can relate more to Smith being from around the same area, being a small wide receiver, probably questioned for his height like smith.

We all write off Smith's mishaps for the passion he shows and has for the game. Not doing the same for other players that show the same mannerisms as smith would be asinine.

There isn't anything lost with giving Young a chance, pick him up for under a million, 550k to be exact. Ride out his contract. Let him know this his fresh start and we don't want any Lions incidents. The minute he doesn't comply, you cut him. That's it.

To me this is a no brainer. He'd be instantly a #2 here. I'm not too sure he'd be a #1 but the jury is still out on that matter in my opinion.

So you're saying it's a good idea to have 2 of those type players not even in the same locker room but in the same wr corp??

Are you fuging crazy??? Cam would be breaking up fights in the huddle in TC.

No way in hell would i put my young franchise QB thru that poo.

Posted

Sorry. I can't get on board with this.

Posted

The kid doesn't realize how the league looks at people that try to hurt their own team. I don't want him here. LaFell is a better all around player. To some of you here, talent = speed and elusiveness and that's the only criteria for evaluating a player. LaFell is much more sure handed, catches passes in traffic, and blocks like a beast.

Anybody that sets their team up to lose has no heart and plays for themselves. So that's where he should play. All alone.

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember when people didn't want Shockey because of his character issues and how Smitty and him would throw blows at each other. I remember when Smitty and Shockey did get in a confronta-oh wait, It didn't happen.

Posted

I remember when people didn't want Shockey because of his character issues and how Smitty and him would throw blows at each other. I remember when Smitty and Shockey did get in a confronta-oh wait, It didn't happen.

Not even in the same ball park. Shockey was a vet with a ring and Steve respected him. Young is a punk and there is no reason Smith will respect him or his opinion and that will cause fraction. You have to learn how to match personalities when building a team. You don't remember how the Keyshawn and 89 thing worked out? Or the Jarret and Smith combo? That is to many egos in one huddle. I'll pass on that poo.