• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Do you think guards are worth more in today's NFL? Is 14 too high for drafting one? Keep in mind that VERY few guards have been drafted high, even the very best. At this point though, I'm running out of reasons not to draft Warmack at 14. I just think he'll be the guy who could help this franchise the most, social norms be damned.

#2 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

I wont complain, its a need and he will be a cornerstone for 12+ yrs

#3 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

If Warmack is available he will be very seriously considered by our front office and coaching staff and would be a long term solution at the position. The interior of our line would hopefully be dominant for years with Silatolu, Kalil, and Warmack. I'd be on board with the pick.

It's crazy though because I've seen him mocked in the top 10 and even top 5 on some sites.

#4 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Wouldn't hesitate on taking Warmack unless Fisher is on the board. Only reason I rank Fisher over Warmack is due to value of the position, but the offensive line has to be addressed either in the 1st or 2nd.

#5 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Guard play is very important in running the ball. It's because the RB position has been devalued over the years, so have everything associated with great RB play. Many are saying Warmack is a top ten pick. Warmack may be the best player in the draft, but he won't be touched until at least the 17th pick. Look at DeCastro last year. I would consider DeCastro a better G than Warmack coming out, and he was drafted at 24. So that tells you the value of G has diminished.

#6 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Almost nothing. Coverage LBs are more highly sought after and it's not even close. That should tell you everything you need to know.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think in today's game with the whole passing game and mobile QB, Guard is much more worthy than it once was.

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,588 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Almost nothing. Coverage LBs are more highly sought after and it's not even close. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Marty?

J/K

Covering todays Tight Ends is certainly a problem many teams are scrambling to deal with.

#9 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yeah I know what you guys are saying, it just makes so much sense though. The panthers have spent more money on their backs than just about anyone in history, yet they can't even hit 4 yards a carry. I also remember the first tampa game, when imo the battle was lost because they couldn't contain the inside pass rush. Argh, I'm mindfuged.

#10 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I have no problem spending a #14 pick on an OG if he's going to be elite. No one's a sure thing, but Warmack sure looks like he will be.

#11 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yeah I know what you guys are saying, it just makes so much sense though. The panthers have spent more money on their backs than just about anyone in history, yet they can't even hit 4 yards a carry. I also remember the first tampa game, when imo the battle was lost because they couldn't contain the inside pass rush. Argh, I'm mindfuged.

Simple solution. Get rid of all the ridiculous money being paid to backs and start giving them to positions with value.

#12 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

If Warmack is available he will be very seriously considered by our front office and coaching staff and would be a long term solution at the position. The interior of our line would hopefully be dominant for years with Silatolu, Kalil, and Warmack. I'd be on board with the pick.

It's crazy though because I've seen him mocked in the top 10 and even top 5 on some sites.

That's a ludicrously expensive interior group. Two first round picks, a second round pick, and at least two big contracts?

#13 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I dont think DeCastro is better than Warmack.

#14 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I dont think DeCastro is better than Warmack.

Then your opinion on the matter means even less.

#15 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Then your opinion on the matter means even less.

Oh really smart guy?? Explain why you think he is better then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.