Photo
- - - - -

Very interesting rumors for Avengers 2 and the Hulk (possible spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

So, they show off Thanos and then are like, nahhhhh, we want the Hulk!

That, to me, sounds incredibly unlikely.

#17 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Mr. Beaks from AICN claims his sources are saying Planet Hulk rumors are false.

"I couldn't get either source to spill on Marvel's specific plans for a standalone Hulk movie post-AVENGERS 2, but I'm told that Ruffalo-as-Banner will be an integral part of that film. After two false starts with Banner, Marvel is thrilled with Ruffalo. The last thing they want to do is reduce his role. Sure, they could have Ruffalo play Hulk in mocap, but the Banner element would be gone - and this evidently is important to Marvel." http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61195

El Mayimbe, the guy with the Planet Hulk rumors, is sticking to his sources and claims this is just disinformation from Marvel to divide the "fanboy websites".

Either way, it's exciting to know we should be in store for many years of badass Marvel movies.

#18 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I thought I read somewhere that RDJr was pulling the plug. That he was down to do this last Iron Man and a single Avengers follow up but after that he was moving on.

Wouldn't that kind of put an end to all of this?

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

From Kevin Feige, Marvel's movie head honcho: "Planet Hulk is a cool story. World War Hulk is a cool story... Do I think Hulk can carry a movie and be as entertaining as he was in Avengers? I do believe that. I do believe he absolutely could. We certainly are not even going to attempt that until Avengers 2, so there is a lot of time to think about it."

I agree it sounds ambitious and daring, but so was the whole Avengers plan to begin with. I only wish DC had as much balls as Marvel does.

i mean, aside from DC coming off of literally the best comic book trilogy ever....

#20 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

I thought I read somewhere that RDJr was pulling the plug. That he was down to do this last Iron Man and a single Avengers follow up but after that he was moving on.

I'd be interested to read that, I have not heard that to date---but yea the whole thing would fall apart without him

#21 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Now that Disney owns Marvel, I imagine they will back a Brinks truck to RDJ's house. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

#22 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thanos will be the bad guy in Avengers 2. I can see Hulk having to lose control to defeat Thanos, then being uncontrollable, he has to be exiled into space to save the planet. Then you get Planet Hulk. You get sequels to the other Avengers characters, with one showing Hulk on his way back in the end credits. Then World War Hulk.

Great idea IMO.

Posted Image

#23 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well, all signs are pointing to the Planet Hulk rumors being false. Joss Whedon commented on the rumors himself, stating "Well I’m really not supposed to comment, but no, that’s nonsense."

Sounds like we can put this rumor to bed, for now at least.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61293

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.